Norwegian does not honor Best Price Guarantee

EAldrich

Just tried to use Norwegian’s their “ Best Price. Guaranteed” program and they refuse to honor it. It says 110% of price difference as an onboard credit. When the price dropped and I called them they said they could give me 50% of the difference toward another cruise. When I asked where it said that rather than what it said on their website, they told me in the contract. Checked the contract and there was nothing. Called back and asked them to tell me where it was in the contract and they couldn’t find it. Put me in contact with dispute resolution and they told me it was on their website. When they couldn’t find it there they said they no longer offered it and would not honor it. Book with another company. Have a copy of the guarantee before they removed it!

6 minutes ago, EAldrich said:

Just tried to use Norwegian’s their “ Best Price. Guaranteed” program and they refuse to honor it. It says 110% of price difference as an onboard credit. When the price dropped and I called them they said they could give me 50% of the difference toward another cruise. When I asked where it said that rather than what it said on their website, they told me in the contract. Checked the contract and there was nothing. Called back and asked them to tell me where it was in the contract and they couldn’t find it. Put me in contact with dispute resolution and they told me it was on their website. When they couldn’t find it there they said they no longer offered it and would not honor it. Book with another company. Have a copy of the guarantee before they removed it!

I didn't think that was offered anymore, but didn't it only cover you for 48 hours after booking? 

How soon did you see the price drop after booking, and do you have a link to their current policy?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, KSSS2013 said:

I didn't think that was offered anymore, but didn't it only cover you for 48 hours after booking? 

How soon did you see the price drop after booking, and do you have a link to their current policy?

Our price is the best price
If you find a lower published price for the same cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line, either on ncl.com or on a piece of communication directly from Norwegian, we will either:

Re-price your cruise at the lower price
  Or, you'll receive 110% of the difference in the form of an Onboard Credit

How To Claim Your Guarantee
Just complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form and submit it online within 48 hours of making your booking. If it meets the Guarantee criteria and you choose to receive an Onboard Credit, we will automatically attach that credit to your account. Once you are on board the ship, you can use the credit however you please.

Edited by MoCruiseFan

AFAIK, the Best price guarantee refers to price offered by other vendors (i.e. agencies) on the same day or may be within 2 days. It doesn’t cover future price drops.

Edited by lixogab

13 hours ago, EAldrich said:

NCL's terms for the Price-Drop had been "Within 48 hours" since, at least, 2016!

(I did not research further back in time.)  

See: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2237138-ncl-price-guarantee/

As for the NCL "GUEST TICKET CONTRACT":

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/NCL-Guest-Ticket-Contract-04-28-2021.pdf 

(It's wording has remained fairly standard, and consistent, for years.)

Some might call it "misleading," or "illegal" (or whatever).

However, by completing a booking, we all affirm that we have read and accept their terms!

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

In other words another entirely misleading post with tirades and rants all based half facts and opinions.

Exactly. Poster has only 1 post (this one) to come and complain without any details, and when it's pointed out that they were incorrect and not that NCL is the big bad meanie they want folks to they of them as.... *poof*

Like a unicorn farting in the wind... no one knows if it was ever really there.

• Haha 2

On 3/9/2022 at 4:56 PM, EAldrich said:

Here ya go...

Our price is the best price

If you find a lower published price for the same cruise on Norwegian Cruise Line, either on ncl.com or on a piece of communication directly from Norwegian, we will either:
-- Re-price your cruise at the lower price
-- Or, you'll receive 110% of the difference in the form of an Onboard Credit

How To Claim Your Guarantee
-- Just complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form and submit it online within 48 hours of making your booking. If it meets the Guarantee criteria and you choose to receive an Onboard Credit, we will automatically attach that credit to your account. Once you are on board the ship, you can use the credit however you please.

It appears that the policy has since been rescinded.

1 hour ago, bigrednole said:

The key here is the 48 his after you book. When did you book and when did the litter rate come out? Need those very specific details before complaining. I bet it is more than 48 his out.

He has continually refused to provide those details here or on any other site he is posting his silly tirades.

On 3/9/2022 at 4:56 PM, EAldrich said:

Please take your pail and shovel and leave the sandbox

• Like 1