Cruising with teenager

Hi All -

We have been bringing my son cruising since he was 5 but our August cruise on Oasis will be the first time he is cruising as a teenager. He always loved the kids club - can anyone give me some information about the teenage hangout - is there any structured activities for the 13 year olds or is it simply hangout and chill and wander around. If anyone has an activity schedule ( if there is one ) they can post I would  really appreciate it - thanks 

For the teens, activities are semi-structured. There are specific times and days where the teens have exclusive access to certain activities: Flow-rider, rock-wall, sports-court, karaoke, etc. These will vary by ship and duration. For those that want to participate, they also have activities such as scavenger hunts, "assassin games", etc. There is also "the prom" dance that happens toward the end of the cruise. There will be a specific crew member for the teens but they are mainly there to keep the peace and offer up suggestions on what to do.

My observation is that at the first night "meet and greet", the teens tend to split into two groups: those that that want to just hang out (that typically break out into small groups of 3-4) and those who like to participate in group activities (usually form up into larger groups of 7-8 teens). Regardless, the first night is by far the most important.  

• Like 2

I would have a family discussion before the cruise to go over your expectations and ground rules.  I would tell him there will be consequences for not complying.

Have a great trip!

Your son will be able to participate in activities without you being there (like rock wall climbing).  My son played alot of basketball, ping pong, rock wall climbing and eating and not part of the organized groups from the teen club.  We found being able to text with him was critical to keeping track of where he was and what he was doing.  He came home needing a vacation from vacation!

• Like 1