Solo Cruising

kasaba

I've cruised before, but this will be my first solo venture and my first time on Royal Caribbean (3 night Bahamas). Any suggestions for connecting with other solos? Not looking for a date, just buddies.

I do not think you are going to find it on a 3-day cruise.  That short of a cruise people don't seem to be on them to socialize.  The Cruise Critic groups for a cruise that short do not seem be created or have much movement.  If you are looking for people to socialize with you should be looking more into the Trans-Atlantic cruises or even a 7-day cruise on the correct cruise line and ship.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 3:03 PM, kasaba said:

I've cruised before, but this will be my first solo venture and my first time on Royal Caribbean (3 night Bahamas). Any suggestions for connecting with other solos? Not looking for a date, just buddies.

Last December I tried RC for the first time. There's nothing structured for solos so you're on your own to meet other folks.

Even short cruises might have roll calls here or That Other Social Media Site. There was a surprising amount of activity for my RC cruises, which were a 3-day and 4-day taken back-to back; I think most of the other participants were also combining two short cruises into a longer one. So check the roll calls!

If you opt for traditional fixed-time dining, ask to be seated at a shared table.