When is the right time to buy cruise insurance?

We are booked on a Mediterranean cruise in May 2022. I am not concerned about trip cancellation insurance, but as far as the medical insurance goes when should I be purchasing it? Is it OK to delay the purchase until right before the cruise or should I be looking at it now?

2 hours ago, Alanr204 said:

We are booked on a Mediterranean cruise in May 2022. I am not concerned about trip cancellation insurance, but as far as the medical insurance goes when should I be purchasing it? Is it OK to delay the purchase until right before the cruise or should I be looking at it now?

Hi Alanr204,

Unfortunately, I cannot help you. I only can give the right advice to residents of the USA.

Maybe you can prevail upon Alberta's insurance department to reverse its 2018 decision stopping USA insurance companies from selling to Canadian residents.

Steve Dasseos

Edited by iamtrustworthy

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, DancingCats said:

I have an October 2022 cruise booked and I have the same question. When should I buy?

Hi DancingCats,

It depends on a few factors. I'm happy to help you, but I need to find out more information to give you the right advice. May I get the following?

- When did you pay the first payment on your trip?
- When is your Final Payment due?

- Was any of your deposit paid with Future Cruise Credits that represented money you had paid on a trip that was cancelled or interrupted due to Covid?
- Do you, any traveling companions or your non-traveling family members, have or recently had any medical conditions, or had any medication changes for a medical condition, that could worsen and, in turn, cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip? Or that could cause you to seek treatment on your trip?

Steve Dasseos