Live from Wonder of the Seas 11 - 18 March 2022

52 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

The form that I posted earlier with all the shows is what I look at to see what I want to do each night and then circle it. Then I go to the app and then make reservations for everyone through the app for that particular show. Then I post that sheet on a wall in the room with a magnet, since the walls are metal, so that I can look at it each night and know what my show will be.  I do this as one of the first things on board since some shows fill up fast. 

thanks - I’m familiar with the form but this will be our first cruise post covid.  For our 2019 symphony cruise I had all of my show reservations before I boarded! 

Did you get what you wanted? 

…I also travel with a stack of magnets / magnet clips!   I am excited about those new hooks in the wall under the TV though! 

17 minutes ago, Cel_cruise said:

Did you get what you wanted? 

…I also travel with a stack of magnets / magnet clips!   I am excited about those new hooks in the wall under the TV though! 

Yes, we got what we wanted. 

The hooks are good for hats and back pack. 

You’ll have a great time. 

@DeputyDawg46 by any chance did you follow any live reviews from the previous week's cruise?

The food they were serving in the buffet daily was over the top!  Reviewer is "thinking" RC overdid it due to the first sailing and lots of bloggers/travel agents on board and that would not be a weekly spread!

What are you experiencing?

16 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@DeputyDawg46 by any chance did you follow any live reviews from the previous week's cruise?

The food they were serving in the buffet daily was over the top!  Reviewer is "thinking" RC overdid it due to the first sailing and lots of bloggers/travel agents on board and that would not be a weekly spread!

What are you experiencing?

I find that the WJ has good food but has downsized in variety and selection. An example is the salad bar and dessert bar have at least 30% less selections than Allure, Oasis, and Odyssey which I have been on in the last few months. Notwithstanding, the food and service are always excellent in the WJ. I find the same for the Park Cafe. Some foods are not there every day as in other ships and I was told to go to a bar for a can of Diet Coke as they don’t serve soft drinks in the Park Cafe. But since it is a new ship I’m sure things are still evolving and customer input is important. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I find that the WJ has good food but has downsized in variety and selection. An example is the salad bar and dessert bar have at least 30% less selections than Allure, Oasis, and Odyssey which I have been on in the last few months. Notwithstanding, the food and service are always excellent in the WJ. I find the same for the Park Cafe. Some foods are not there every day as in other ships and I was told to go to a bar for a can of Diet Coke as they don’t serve soft drinks in the Park Cafe. But since it is a new ship I’m sure things are still evolving and customer input is important. 

Thank you!  I'm sure they are considering lowering waste as well.

• Like 1

I am very interested in finding out if they make any changes to the late night showing of pool side movies with the intensely high volume this cruise.  There was so much negative feedback how it drastically (In a negative way) affected the ambience of Central Park late night as well as disturbed passengers in the Central Park Balcony Suites ability to rest.. 

11 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

Where did the OP go?  Wondering if the lobster is still being served or was that just a special for last week's inagural sailing?

All the lobster and seafood was only for the first day of the inaugural cruise. They still have the lobster on the second formal night as usual. I was hoping to have all the seafood again like on the first cruise. We also aren’t getting any of the little gifts on this one like we did one the first one.

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2022 at 8:27 PM, The sea calls my name said:

I am very interested in finding out if they make any changes to the late night showing of pool side movies with the intensely high volume this cruise.  There was so much negative feedback how it drastically (In a negative way) affected the ambience of Central Park late night as well as disturbed passengers in the Central Park Balcony Suites ability to rest.. 

I too would like to the answer to this questions.  I hope that have adjusted.

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

@DeputyDawg46 The magnetic doors are annoying. We taped a small piece of foam (cut from a new earplug) in the frame of the bathroom door and it has helped a lot. If you would like we can bring one down with some tape if you want it.

Got it. Thanks. I will be back on this ship in a couple of weeks and I plan on bringing some of those pads that you put under table and chair legs. The cabin steward  mentioned that it’s annoying in his state room with his roommate who is on the opposite shift.  I’ll bring him some. 

The room door does not close completely because the rubber gasket is too thick. It has been mentioned by some of the other guest that they are having the same problem. Maintenance cannot adjust the door anymore because it’s still butts up against the rubber and you have to manually push/push the door shut. 

• Like 1