Transfers

jhenry1

We are on the Explorer from Athens to Jerusalem and also doing the Regent post Cruise in Jerusalem.  We booked our air through Regent.  Our flight back to US is at 12:30 am on the last day when we check out to return home.  My travel agent mentioned that Regent would not do the transfer to Tel Aviv airport at that time.  I was somewhat surprised because I assumed that they would make arrangements for the transfer.  Have any of you ever come across this situation? We have never had an issue but then again we have never left that early in the morning.

Our flight back from Tahiti was around midnight. There was the option of being taken to a hotel for the day and then onto the airport later. 

We booked a night (cheaper than a day room) in a hotel ourselves. Spent the day at the pool. Walked down the road for dinner, back to the room to relax and shower before a taxi to the airport. 

Was well worth the little it cost to not have to stress out before the 1st of two night flights home. 

jhenry1:

Suggestion--call Regent DIRECTLY.  Get this aspect nailed-down for your particular booking. 

Frankly, I am somewhat surprised you got this info from your Travel Agent.  But, of course, stuff changes over time.  You mentioned doing Regent's Post-cruise; in addition to utilizing Regent air.  That status should--I emphasize should--afford you a Regent-coordinated transfer from hotel to airport--NO MATTER time of day, or night.  

That protocol has been our experience on two (pre-COVID) similar situations.    

You may have to spend some additional post-check out time at your hotel--or doing an independent tour.  Having already done a post-cruise stay, you have probably already visited the normal tourist sites.  But, Regent has, in the past, offered an opportunity for a few-hours' "city tour". 

Bottom Line:  We have had Regent coordinate ship--or hotel--transfers to the airport at ALL hours.  We shared that van ride with other Regent guests in a similar situation.   

GOARMY!

Thank you Goarmy for the suggestion on calling Regent.  I was very surprised to hear this as we have never had an issue. We had a real early flight out of Amsterdam and Regent had a car and driver meet at hotel and take to airport.  

i would be very surprised if you didn't get a transfer. If you are on Regent air and doing a Regent post cruise it is surprising to hear your TA say that.  The only exception i can think of is if you deviated and picked that flight and then the transfer might not be included.