Prima Family Suite with Master Bedroom - Balcony Question

bortman23

I've been looking at the Suites on my upcoming sailing in Jan '23. I've noticed a slight difference in some of the balconies on different decks:

I understand this location is where the dry slides are (weaving in and out of the balc. areas), but do we think the room on Deck 15 has more balcony space than the room on Deck 16. Or is the missing line just an error (though lots of other decks have the same design in the floorplan).

Thoughts? I've been looking at the renderings of the ships and it's hard to tell, though the official room plans on the site do not show balconies this large. 

image.png

image.png

The big corner area is not your balcony - that's the slide. The only balcony part is the smaller rectangle, which has the line missing in the deck 15 rendering. You'll have windows from the master looking out - at the ugly slide. Some decks seem better off than others - look for the real photos of what is currently built and count the decks to find those which have the tube near the rear rather than right in front of your face. Don't go by the floor plans as they're misleading.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Pics like these... the real and the rendering. 

norwegianviva-therush-slide-rendering-scaled.webp

Norwegian-Prima-drop-scaled.webp

OMG.

I sure hope NCL labels any cabin even remotely affected by these ghastly structures (and that means, seeing them at ALL from the cabin OR balcony) very clearly!

Some of these large ships are beginning to seem more like an "Amusement Park at Sea" rather than a cruise ship.

However, we obviously aren't the right audience for this, and there are plenty of other ships for us to enjoy.

I just would hate to be someone who was expecting a regular cabin and view (perhaps including a nice peaceful view of the ocean), and... surprise! 😱

RM

Yeah Ive seen all those pics, I was just confused as some have the line and some don't. I also suspect that might throw others off too, as some layouts give the appearance of larger balconies. 

I assume the worst, but seems like an odd mistake to make on NCL's part. I guess we'll see.

I have no idea what NCL was thinking with these slides. We have been on the RCL Harmony of the Seas that has a 10 story dry slide like these and people SCREAM all the way down. I would hate to pay $$$ to have a "suite" only to not be able to enjoy it any time the slides were open.

• 1 year later...

We stayed in one of these rooms recently. The slide was a nice novelty of the deck. Never heard anyone in it - including my kids who slid it many times. The room was really not bad, although a piece of the door frame fell and hit my head, but that can happen at any room with a bedroom door. I know a few people that had rooms in Haven during our sailing had closet rod falling down and almost hitting one of them too. 

• Like 4