Club Orange Dining Questions/Statendam

Observer

A couple of questions about Club Orange dining on Statendam (where I understand there is a separate dining room):

• Is the private dining room ever open for lunch (say on sea days)?
  • Can a solo passenger be assured of being able to dine alone at a small table (not at a seat on a larger communal table)?

Many thanks.

Thanks for the replies! One couple is considering getting on a Neptune waitlist and so the other might add on Club Orange if it's not too late. I understand OC is limited. Also, we all understand that non OC isn't allowed to dine in that space. I like the noise and energy of a MDR a few times but not nightly.

In our experience, most specialty restaurants on most cruise lines aren't very good although we'll check them out just for variety.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:47 PM, flowery said:

Thanks for the replies! One couple is considering getting on a Neptune waitlist and so the other might add on Club Orange if it's not too late. I understand OC is limited. Also, we all understand that non OC isn't allowed to dine in that space. I like the noise and energy of a MDR a few times but not nightly.

In our experience, most specialty restaurants on most cruise lines aren't very good although we'll check them out just for variety.

I can tell you that two of the specialty restaurants were equal to any place we have been on land and we eat out at good restaurants all the time. Rudi's Sel de Mer and the Asian restaurant Tamarind were both outstanding. The food at Pinnacle Grille was fine but I am not a steak person. The service was sporadic. While we liked the food at Cannaletto on a previous cruise, it paled in comparison to Tamarine and Rudi's. 

We were on the Nieuw Statendam in January/February and I wrote a blog post about the food. We were in a Neptune so we ate in Club Orange every breakfast (fantastic and TOO much) and half the dinners on a 10 night cruise. We ate the other five in the specialty restaurants. You can read the blog here: https://jktravelredmond.com/2022/02/03/its-a-cruise-its-always-about-the-food/

Hope this helps.