Beaches Near Port?

munkegodes

We have an ineligible, unvaccinated child in our party and the excursion we wanted to take is full. Are there any beaches near port that would be easy to parent swap so that both my husband and I can enjoy some beach time while the other watches the kiddo onboard? I know that we could use childcare but prefer not to leave him all alone. Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, munkegodes said:

Sorry! RCCL Oasis sailing 3/27

No worries 😄 Just gives you an idea how many ships are in port that day, and what the nearest beach is…

So you are docked at Crown Bay at noon, which is great because Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) is a short taxi away. You can rent a lounge and umbrella at the Emerald Resort, and use the restrooms as well as the beach bar and restaurant. I’m sure the vendor setting up the lounge/umbrella would hold that while you swapped with your spouse…

Only one other ship is scheduled in port that day, the NCL Encore at 11AM, which will dock at WICO (Havensight) to the east of Charlotte Amalie. So it looks like you are very lucky that you are there on a less crowded day!

Honeymoon Beach on Water Island may be mentioned as another option, but I would not recommend that because of the ferry and how crowded that gets today. Emerald may get somewhat crowded, but you shouldn’t have a problem and it is perfect for your situation. It is walkable but a short taxi is faster…

Here is a map of the island, you can see Crown Bay and Lindbergh Bay near the airport to the west of Charlotte Amalie…
https://virginislandsthisweek.com/st-thomas/st-thomas-land-activities/st-thomas-island-road-map/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bluewater2111 said:

Sorry to jump on this, I would like to know the same, out ship is the Marella Explorer arriving on Friday 5 March.

Thanks in advance

I think you missed the boat! 
March 5, 2023 is a Sunday…🤷🏼

36 minutes ago, bluewater2111 said:

Apologies the 2 on my keyboard doesn't work, I meant the 25th!

I understand! I did look at the rest of March on the VINow cruise ship schedule and other schedules your ship doesn’t show up. That doesn’t usually mean anything, but the ship shows up in the Canary Islsnds all of March…🤷🏼

I just saw that Royal Caribbean changed their shore excursion rules beginning March 18:

"Starting for cruises that depart on or after March 18, 2022, all guests on Royal Caribbean cruise ships will be able to visit ports freely regardless of vaccination status."

There are 5 ports excluded:  Barbados, Falmouth, St. Lucia, Dominica, and St. Vincent.  So, sounds like you can all explore St Thomas together on your cruise!  Have fun!

Yes, and that is the beach (Lindbergh Bay, aka Emerald Beach for the Emerald Resort). I’m sure prices are typical but if no one has a recent experience you can contact the hotel. But it may be a separate vendor, not sure…

Edited by blue_water