Docking in Venice?

jeno

Where is Princess currently planning to dock when the port is listed as Venice?  We have an overnight listed for the 2023 around the world cruise and I know it could change by then, but wondering what the plan is for the Princess ships this summer. 

45 minutes ago, jeno said:

Where is Princess currently planning to dock when the port is listed as Venice?  We have an overnight listed for the 2023 around the world cruise and I know it could change by then, but wondering what the plan is for the Princess ships this summer. 

I finally found that we are currently scheduled to dock at Marghera. How are Princess passengers getting from port into Venice? 

New to CC but do know about European ports.......large cruise ships are no longer allowed to dock in Venice unfortunately.  Sailing into Venice a couple of years ago is a spectacular memory we have of Venice.

Here is some info:

The ban was implemented after a years-long campaign in which critics argued that the ships pollute the canals and contribute to erosion of the city's foundation. Large cruise ships now have to dock at the nearby port of Marghera. Smaller cruise vessels can still dock in the city and pass through the Giudecca Canal.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Just an FYI...NCL has now adopted Trieste as their "Venice replacement" port.  About 95 miles away from Venice.

Oceania has cancelled an overnight in Venice and will visit Trieste and one other port instead.