Apex accessible vs wheelchair accessible cabin

sally4909

26 minutes ago, sally4909 said:

Does anyone know why some canins on they Apex say accessible and others say accessible with a picture of a wheelchair?  Just curious.

Where do you see this? Link please.

I was looking at Apex cabins on deck 9. There are some cabins that show a wheelchair so I understand that means they are wheelchair accessible.  There are other  cabins close to the forward elevator called Prime cabins which I thought meant a great location, but when you click the cabin number, the cabins have accessible attached to the description. I don't know if there is a difference and was hoping Cruisecritic members might have an answer.

7 minutes ago, sally4909 said:

I was looking at Apex cabins on deck 9. There are some cabins that show a wheelchair so I understand that means they are wheelchair accessible.  There are other  cabins close to the forward elevator called Prime cabins which I thought meant a great location, but when you click the cabin number, the cabins have accessible attached to the description. I don't know if there is a difference and was hoping Cruisecritic members might have an answer.

Can you post a link? I don’t know where you are seeing this. I don’t see it on any deck plans.

It's not a link. I was looking at available cabins on the Apex on a British Isle cruise on September 2nd, 2023. If you look at the deck plan , there are cabins that show cabins that are connecting, cabins for 4 etc and there are cabins that show a picture of a  wheelchair meaning they are wheelchair accessible cabins. When i was looking at the category called Prime Edge cabins and clicked on an available cabin on deck 9 near the forward elevator,  the cabin showed as accessible even tho there is no picture of a wheelchair on the deck plan. Thete are several other cabins that say the same thing. If you look at the deck plan further aft, you will see cabins that show a picture of a wheelchair on the deck plan. Is there a difference between an accessible  cabin and a wheelchair accessible  cabin? My husband has had 2 knee replacements, one successful and one not. He cannot walk long distances and we would like to be near an elevator but do not need a wheelchair accessible cabin. We wouldn't consider a wheelchair accessible cabin as my husband would not be eligible  for one, but if there is a difference between the two types of cabins, meaning just a plain accessible cabin is close to an elevator for those who have trouble walking long distances vs a wheelchair accessible cabin, then we would consider booking that cabin. I am trying to get my husband to rent a scooter, but he's not ready to take that step. 

I think this is just a website error.  You can find language about this room category that says the accessible cabins are 369 sq ft, but other sources say that the standard rooms are smaller than that and these descriptions are saying they are 369 sq ft.  As far as I know, an "accessible" cabin on Celebrity ships are just the wheelchair accessible ones, so I bet something is pointing to the wrong description for these standard rooms.  I agree it is very confusing.  Might want to call and point it out to them. 

Here is a link to a cabin walkthrough of 9148, which has that same description associated with it.

I wondered the same thing, probably a website error. A few years ago, I found an error on the RCCL site. I called to let them know and although I was given a "thanks for letting us know and we will correct it" , it never was changed. Happy to be cruising again. Won't sweat the small stuff. I was just curious . 

Apex is essentially the Edge with slight modifications...but cabin configuration is about the same... I have attached a few photos of our cabin...including one showing the scooter in the cabin and another showing the chaise lounge with the bed riders. The chaise lounge is only about 15" off the ground ...well below normal seating height... since DH has trouble with his knees and I knew this 'sofa' would be low.. I brought 3" risers to raise the height to a normal 18"... making it possible for him to sit in the cabin.... these are not provided by the cruise line... much of the seating in public areas is very low and deep.   Anyway...as you can see ..if you do not get an accessible cabin and do choose to rent a scooter.. you can get it in a regular cabin provided the bed is by the veranda...  

On the deck plan you can tell where the bed is by where the cabin widens.

IMG_3173.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

IMG_3211.JPG