Elevate package OBC for Shore Excursions only?

scrabble6

In the Elevate package, it specifies that you receive [x]$ "per person shore excursion credit"

We had this for our January 2022 Apex cruise and are considering the Elevate pkg add-on for a winter 2023 cruise.

In January 2022, ours was $150 pp (total $300).  We were allowed to use it for reasons other than shore excursions--for example we dined at Eden, dined at Raw on 5, and partially upgraded our internet using OBC.  We did not have any other OBC besides the Elevate pkg. so it definitely came from the Elevate pkg.  We did not purchase any shore excursions at all.  We didn't have to request this, it just automatically happened.  And we were delighted!

Does anyone have any knowledge about this specification going forward?  We ownder if it may have been an exception due to Covid, maybe?  Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of these funds being dedicated to Shore Excursions only, and might not elect it as an add-on if Celebrity will stick with the stated purpose.  Obviously it's their right to do so and I would have zero problem if that's the case--but we might not choose to pay for the Elevate pkg add-on.  (That is, unless we identify some Celebrity shore excursions that interest us.  We tend to arrange our own excursions privately....)

Thoughts?

If this has already been discussed elsewhere, please forgive me for being redundant and kindly direct me to other thread(s).  THANKS!

A change someone else noted that I think is recent pertains to AquaClass. You didn't mention stateroom category, but your question could be complicated by this:

AquaClass® guests that purchase the Elevate package will receive Spa Credit in place of Shore Excursion Credit.

It is not clear if this is a choice or a must.

• Like 1