Designated arrival time

ehogan

If we are designated Princess arrival time A in our case 10:30, would we be allowed onto the ship around that time or have to wait until noon as before?

thanks for your help, trying to determine if we should change our arrival time to later.

You would most probably be able to check in at that time (unless something like a Coast Guard inspection or late arrival).  But there is a very good chance that you will NOT get ON the ship that early.  I've never heard of boarding that early (though someone here at CC most likely might have). You would be put in a numbered group in a waiting area most likely.  Unless it is a maiden voyage or ship coming back into service or a ship coming out of dry dock, the previous cruise's passengers might not be off the ship before 10am. They almost certainly won't board until past 11am (unless one of the above instances).  Elite, suite, handicap, etc get to board first.

We had the first group in November at 11am (earliest they had - I never heard of 10:30).  We are Elite and were seated in the Elite lounge.  We had to wait until they started boarding, maybe 11:30 or 11:45.  Even then, the rooms weren't ready and you had to carry your stuff until they were.

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 5:04 PM, ehogan said:

If we are designated Princess arrival time A in our case 10:30, would we be allowed onto the ship around that time or have to wait until noon as before?

thanks for your help, trying to determine if we should change our arrival time to later.

If your goal is to be on the ship as one of the first passengers I would leave your selected boarding time alone. So far I have not heard of anybody’s time being checked in the terminal, i’m not saying it hasn’t happened. People have flights that arrive at different times than what their arrival time that they sign up with Princess  is ,some people need to check out of a hotel room at a certain time etc.,  some people live close to the port and they’re being dropped off by friends or family and they arrive earlier than they expected or later than they expected etc. etc. So many scenarios .

They’ll usually let you into the building  & do all the paperwork necessary which is less & less now with the medallion app and  you will board when everything is cleared from the previous cruise. But I would think that you’d be in the first boarding group. 

On 3/13/2022 at 5:04 PM, ehogan said:

We just finished a Majestic Princess cruise on Saturday. We were in group A for embarkation. While we completed check-in by 10:30 am, we didn't get on the ship until 11:50 am. It all depends on how quickly they clear the ship from the last cruise and allow a new group of passengers to board.