Hair dryer diffuser

kctwinmommy

OK here's a new one for me. And I did search but didn't find anything in recent posts. Actually, there was only one post that I even saw. I have straight hair, that's why this is a new one for me. LOL! Our son's hair has decided to become curly as he's gotten older. As it is, he'd rather just let it grow or throw a hat on. However, for the formal nights, I'd prefer he style his hair a little bit (he's a swimmer, so let's be real, his hair is always in bad shape). So now he uses a diffuser when he dries it to help the curls, otherwise it just ends up blown out straight and looks more damaged. I know the hair dryers aren't the best on the ships, but we typically can use them for what we need. Is there a diffuser that will fit on those things, or should I look at getting a small, portable one with a diffuser. Any thoughts?!

Interesting options out there! Thanks so much! I've never seen either of those things, so I'll check them out. As I said, I have super straight hair. And until my son turned about 15 or 16, his was straighter. Of course, now the boys like to have longer, shaggier hair again, much to my husband's dismay. 🤣 I'm always telling him to look at the pictures from our son's high school's FB page, there are a LOT of boys with longer, fluffier, fuller hair now. I think Covid lockdown sort of kicked that style into gear.

Just an fyi if you have longer hair and plan on using hairdryer from the drawer…yes it took longer and did dry hair however,  the BIG problem was my hair somehow started getting sucked into back of dryer vent area, Husband had to detangle and extricate me from dryer! 

2 hours ago, adventuredancer said:

you had mentioned buying and bringing a small portable hairdryer with diffuser. They will take it away from you. then you would be left with nothing. 

That's odd. In all of our cruises, my wife always brings her hair dryer, and have had no problems what so ever. I don't think that's a true statement. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, adventuredancer said:

you had mentioned buying and bringing a small portable hairdryer with diffuser. They will take it away from you. then you would be left with nothing. 

Totally untrue.  I bring my hair dryer on all my cruises as well as my flat iron

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Just an fyi if you have longer hair and plan on using hairdryer from the drawer…yes it took longer and did dry hair however,  the BIG problem was my hair somehow started getting sucked into back of dryer vent area, Husband had to detangle and extricate me from dryer! 

Yeah, I never have a problem. Although I also enjoy letting my hair air dry on the balcony too! One of the nice things about being on a cruise. This is for my son though. His hair is longer than my husband would like, but not long enough to get sucked into the dryer. LOL!

• Haha 1

On 3/18/2022 at 1:00 PM, hapytobehr said:

Totally untrue.  I bring my hair dryer on all my cruises as well as my flat iron

We were on the Mardi Gras over New Years.  I brought my flat iron and it would not heat up at all.  

Although, i read alot of people bring their flat iron and have no problem.  Maybe having it on Max heat doesn't help?  I'm not sure...oh well.  i will continue to try.  🙂 

17 minutes ago, kafraser78 said:

We were on the Mardi Gras over New Years.  I brought my flat iron and it would not heat up at all.  

Although, i read alot of people bring their flat iron and have no problem.  Maybe having it on Max heat doesn't help?  I'm not sure...oh well.  i will continue to try.  🙂 

I have started hearing reports of this, and the best I can figure is that if it is a "ceramic" heating element, then it uses electronics to control the heat, and these electronics look for neutral and ground wires in the electrical supply to be at the same voltage, which they are not on ships.

• Like 1

i've brought my flat iron before and had no problems. friends have brought their hair dryers and had it taken. i'm sure some people don't have their hair dryers taken. but as it is in several cruise contracts, it is a risk if you take yours that you won't have one at all.

21 minutes ago, adventuredancer said:

i've brought my flat iron before and had no problems. friends have brought their hair dryers and had it taken. i'm sure some people don't have their hair dryers taken. but as it is in several cruise contracts, it is a risk if you take yours that you won't have one at all.

Well if I would still have the hair dryer in the cabin. I'm not planning on bringing one anyway. Looks like there are some easy cheaper options to go with the hair dryer in the cabin.