Help!!! Which is the best cruise for suites?

NEENEE

Taking mum (73) and dependant with walking frame on her last big holiday. I want to do this in style so am looking at booking a suite for the 2 of us. We are looking at leaving Houston, LA or San Diego for 7 days. Choices are limited but I would like to know who has the best suites. I think our only choices being Carnival Conquest, Carnival Spirit, RCI Rhapsody and I think NCL and Holland America have cruises avail. We have done 3 cruises with carnival and always had inside or balcony cabin. Our choices are limited once again by not wanting to do Cabo, Puerto Vallarta & Mazatlan or Alaska as we have done these already.

Anyway if we can get some help from you guys out there, would really appreciate it. We have only done Carnival and P & O cruising and not sure of other lines. I am stearing towards RCI Rhapsody but not sure as this is an older ship. But all in all I want a fantastic suite to kick back. Thanks.:)

Of the choices you have, I would highly recommend a Holland America suite! They are HUGE!! And the balconies are quite large as well. The ships are really grand and elegant too. Plus you have access the Neptune Lounge, a suites only lounge with gourmet coffees, and lots of other goodies such as shrimp, little sandwiches, and chocolate dipped strawberries. Hope that helps!:) Enjoy your cruise!

HAL!!!

We always stay in a suite. Right now the only ship for HAL that is doing 7 day cruises out of San Diego is the Oosterdam on of the new Vista class ships. We have sailed on her and liked her. Only problem is she goes to the ports that you say you don't want to go to.

HAL does not sail out of LA or HUston.

No matter what cruise line you choose the ports are limited. If the ship goes to Mexico it will stop in Cabo and PV. The only choice you night have is Hawaii. Holland America does roundtrip out of San Diego.

I think your Mom would like Holland America. The ship is smaller and your Mom would not have to walk so far.

Another vote for Holland America. We always book suites on HAL.They are huge and very comfortable. The balconies are also very large. The Neptune lounge and concierge are a great perk. HAL provides a great elegant cruise. The crew is wonderful and the service great. You and your mother will have a great time.

HAL suites are the best!

Linda

A big thanks to everyone for your help. I am in the middle of wrapping up our HAL cruise out of San Diego for April 2007 in a beautiful suite. Looking forward to trying HAL and it will defiantly be a 'swan song' holiday for mum:) :) :)

Be careful when booking the HAL suite that you pick the right category if you are wanting to be able to have access to the Neptune Lounge. The SS suites don't have this access, only the suites which are higher level than that are considered to be "full" suites with access to the Neptune Lounge and the Suite perks that people have mentioned here. The full suites are nice and I'm sure your Mom will enjoy--I just wanted to make sure that you booked the right category if that is what you were wanting as I have read of others who thought they were booking that and found out when onboard that they had the SS level suite and not the full suite.

Montgomeryfamily is right. Be careful of which category you choose.

Take a good look at the layout of the ship. You may want to book a cabin that is not too far from an elevator. You Mom would not have to walk too far. :)

Archived