Green Grotto Caves - Shore Excursion in Falmouth Jamaica

Has anyone done this excursions?  Can you tell me if the air in the caves is ok for a person with asthma?                                                                    The description states you go down 65 steps , do you go back up these steps ?

Any info will be helpful .

Thanks 

Judy

You dont have to go down the steps. It's to a pool like area where 007 James bond did some filming. I didnt notice anything about the air being close. There was one place where you go thru a rock formation. Had to wear hard hats. See some bats. I didnt do it by itself it was added to another stop but it was a nice relief on a hot day. Cooler. They gave us some rum punch afterward. The part they the rock formation wouldnt be really easy if you had some disabilities. ..it is a cave, well seemed like two. Seemed like we went thru a area that was open in between the two.

The cavern or pool is where I think they filmed the submarine part of 007 is why they go down there.bit then come back up..

Edited by firefly333

I might have written about this before but not sure where I would have put it! 

Our family did this in 2017 or 2018..it’s very low impact and cool.  I don’t remember it being dusty or anything that would have set off asthma … 

We did this a few weeks ago.  It was a good tour because the guide was very informative and had a lot of personality.  The steps down to the pool were strenuous.  And so was coming up!  I was ok but my partner who has heart issues would have appreciated a warning.  The guide separated our group for crawling thru the rock tunnel. Again, didn't tell us about it, just decided on his own who was up to it, I guess. He also tried, pretty successfully, to scare people on the tour. 

We were served non-alcoholic fruit punch.