BinaxNOW testing question

famof4togo

8 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

For what's it worth - when I first was connected to someone (out of the 4 I spoke to - all with Indian accents - a couple that were challenging to understand), they had me scan the box code and then my driver's license. Once she saw that she said that my middle name was not entered into the app, and that might cause a problem - suggesting I disconnect and then go back and edit my name -- adding my middle name after my first where the app asks for "FIRST NAME", I started to say "well, why doesn't the app have a place for a middle name - since most people have one..." lol, then I thought, nope - roll with it.

So, I went in and added my middle name. Cheryl started hers in the meantime and was told the same thing. At that point I said just go forward with it as is. Again, if they perceive this is an issue (enough to evidently bring it up every time), then put in the DARN space for us to add a middle name in the app... geesh. Stuff like that just makes this more fun than it has to be.

Tom

Tom thanks for info.  I just went and added hubby and my middle names to our first names in our account I set up so our names appear EXACTLY how they are on our license.  Hopefully when we test Monday we won't have the same issue.

14 hours ago, txgranny said:

Verifly is not accepting my emed test result qr code. I'm vaxxed and boosted so did proctor test this morning. So frustrated

Don’t upload the QR code. You need to upload the email you’ve saved off or download  the results on the app  and upload that to VeriFLY app. 

On 3/23/2022 at 9:47 AM, txgranny said:

Verifly is not accepting my emed test result qr code. I'm vaxxed and boosted so did proctor test this morning. So frustrated

Funny story - it was the FONT size on my phone that was too large in order for me to select SET when i was typing in my time of covid test.....i feel like such a bozo

So I watched a video last night of someone taking the video-proctored test. The proctor was so diligent about being sure she kept the camera on her and the test packet. Everything was so meticulous. Then after 15 minutes, the proctor said to the lady to read the lines.  The lady said what she saw. And the proctor said “ok, I will report a negative test.  Check your email or app.”  After all that, do they not ask to see the results card?  I literally laughed out loud!  

• Haha 1

On 3/20/2022 at 9:24 PM, trbarton said:

Good suggestion to have some extra kits. I watched a person on YouTube that I follow & he had the kit too close to the edge of the table & he accidentally knocked the kit off of the table so he had to start all over again. 

Tom😀

After watching that video we decided to order 2 more test and it was also the reason that I wouldn't get up for the 15 minute wait, I was afraid that I would knock my test in the floor but as others have stated it was easy. But do watch several videos before starting.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:46 AM, famof4togo said:

So FINALLY, our cruise is coming up next week, so I am getting all my ducks in a row...

We are taking the proctored BinaxNOW tests at home.  Do I need to schedule an appt with the proctor or can I just call at the time I would like to test?  Also, do we have to sit there live with the proctor while the test processes (15 Minutes?) or how does that work?  Any other helpful tips I need is appreciated!!! TIA

They are sooooo easy. You can just log in and be connected in seconds! Doesnt seem to matter the time of day, ive done them on multiple cruises *including just last week* with around 12 people in my party. The are a breeze for kids to

Edited by KyloRen

It's a shame we can't use the "free" ones the government sent us! It's now become a money maker for these companies, which is not good. They won't want it to end!  If the CDC is requiring cruises to do this, they should cover it. JMHO

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, bingo3 said:

It's a shame we can't use the "free" ones the government sent us! It's now become a money maker for these companies, which is not good. They won't want it to end!  If the CDC is requiring cruises to do this, they should cover it. JMHO

Let me see if I understand this.

You want the “free” ones that you and I paid for with our tax dollars to be used. But you don’t want the companies who spent millions developing these tests to make any money unless the CDC uses more tax dollars to cover the costs?

and by the way, we want a smaller government to stop paying for healthcare for others.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 6:16 PM, momin05 said:

So I watched a video last night of someone taking the video-proctored test. The proctor was so diligent about being sure she kept the camera on her and the test packet. Everything was so meticulous. Then after 15 minutes, the proctor said to the lady to read the lines.  The lady said what she saw. And the proctor said “ok, I will report a negative test.  Check your email or app.”  After all that, do they not ask to see the results card?  I literally laughed out loud!  

I was so freaked out because I could barely see two pink lines. My husband didnt think I stuck the swab up far enough . But yea..they pretty much asked me what I saw and I said two lines? So yea...they don't really check too hard

15 hours ago, pinto18 said:

I was so freaked out because I could barely see two pink lines. My husband didnt think I stuck the swab up far enough . But yea..they pretty much asked me what I saw and I said two lines? So yea...they don't really check too hard

You can tell they are reading off of a script for every step. We did 4 tests in a row from a hotel room, and when my girlfriend's daughter did hers, they only had her swab one nostril. Totally skipped over the whole "now do the same thing to the other nostril" step. But she still passed with flying colors! Lol

2 hours ago, PhotoMike said:

You can tell they are reading off of a script for every step. We did 4 tests in a row from a hotel room, and when my girlfriend's daughter did hers, they only had her swab one nostril. Totally skipped over the whole "now do the same thing to the other nostril" step. But she still passed with flying colors! Lol

It's so totally dependent on proctor roulette. Ours commented that she didn't see my nostril moving enough (not being vigorous enough with the swab). I added a bit more firmness/rotation and then did the same on the other side.

Tom

On 3/27/2022 at 9:59 PM, pinto18 said:

Wow, that’s crazy. I need to watch some more videos. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 9:55 PM, klfrodo said:

Let me see if I understand this.

You want the “free” ones that you and I paid for with our tax dollars to be used. But you don’t want the companies who spent millions developing these tests to make any money unless the CDC uses more tax dollars to cover the costs?

and by the way, we want a smaller government to stop paying for healthcare for others.

I was talking about the proctor companies making money. They do not have anything to do with the development of the tests. As long as these tests are required, these types of companies will be making money off of it. It's ridiculous. Heck, we could bring our "tax payer" covered tests and take them right there at the terminal without paying a proctor to "watch". It's no matter to me. I get tested at work 1-2 times a week, so I can use that. I was talking about the system in general.