Jewel on the way for first sailing since pandemic, 3/29 Panama to San Diego; price drop too

Middleager

The Jewel is finally crossing the Atlantic on its way to the first sailing after 2 years in the pandemic.  After several cancellations, we're looking forward to this first sailing on 2022.3.29, from Colon (through Panama Canal) to San Diego.  The price dropped again (heard it's 1/2 capacity).  Too bad it's after final payment, and NCL won't give anything.  For anyone looking for last minute cruise, this is attractively priced.

If you're on this sailing, come join the rollcall .

3 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Too bad it's after final payment, and NCL won't give anything.

Did you ask or are you just assuming?  For US reservations, they sometimes allow a paid upgrade or fcc towards another cruise, depending on how your cruise was originally booked. Canadian policies might be different.

3 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Did you ask or are you just assuming?  For US reservations, they sometimes allow a paid upgrade or fcc towards another cruise, depending on how your cruise was originally booked. Canadian policies might be different.

Had my TA asked.  TA said NCL indicated I bought b1g1 air, and it's 14 days to sailing, so nothing.  At least did change room to one closer to spa as we bought the thermal spa package.

2 minutes ago, Middleager said:

Had my TA asked.  TA said NCL indicated I bought b1g1 air, and it's 14 days to sailing, so nothing.  At least did change room to one closer to spa as we bought the thermal spa package.

Yea, the bogo airfare is the problem.  Ran into that last fall, so I've had to change my strategy to try get the room I want at the best price possible.  Gave up my airfare deal in order to upgrade on my next cruise - close enough to home that the air deal wasn't that significant.

• 3 weeks later...

Did the ship receive any upgrades during the dry dock in 2021 besides cabins? Any new features or things to do? Any pictures you are able to share would be great! Hope you are having a great cruise