Camp Ocean Hours - Stingrays

46 minutes ago, JustLikeHeave80 said:

Hi there!

Anyone happen to know the current hours of operation for camp ocean (stingrays) on 7 day sailings! Excited to be back on board the Panorama with my little one in 23 days, 22 hours and 32 minutes.. but who is counting lol

Unless something has changed since earlier this year, the hours would be (sea days) 9-12, 2-5, 7-10 for fully vaccinated kids only (I only mention that as those hours would not apply to unvaccinated kids). Port days (on the Miracle) were 9am - 5pm with kids getting lunch if you went ashore and had the kids stay in the club and then from 7-10pm again (but YMMV on the Panorama on port days). There was no night-owl program and I don't think it's restarted yet. 

Hope this helps.

Edited by JMKreno

I’m currently on Magic (8 day) and it seems to vary by port due to time ashore. I can confirm night owls is operating.

Hub is showing the following:

Today (San Juan)

7am-5pm

7pm-10pm

Night Owls 10-midnight

Friday (Grand Turk)

9:30am-5pm

7pm-10pm

Night Owls 10-midnight 

Sea Days

9am-12pm

2pm-4pm

7pm-10pm

No night owls on the last night. 

A couple of observations:

- They’re not doing dinner at lido like they used to pre-pandemic. This is sad since it’s hard for the little ones to sit through 110 minute dinners (another story).

- Reservations are recommended but not required. This is based on capacity when you arrive.

- Supposedly the closures throughout the day are to deep clean. Based on experience this week it wouldn’t make a difference. Due to the limited hours, huge lines and crowds form at drop off time when the next session opens. I would think if it was just open all day like it used to be, crowds would be more spaced out.

- Masks are required. This is only area on the ship where this is the case this week.

On 3/17/2022 at 11:47 PM, bigcstyle4 said:

Masks are required. This is only area on the ship where this is the case this week.

Hello...could you clarify? Masks are required for the children in Camp Ocean? Or the adults dropping them off?  Thank you.  That's the first I've read about the masks.

16 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Hello...could you clarify? Masks are required for the children in Camp Ocean? Or the adults dropping them off?  Thank you.  That's the first I've read about the masks.

The kids and parents were not required to wear masks on the Radiance when we sailed March 11, but the staff were wearing them.  Maybe it's a case-by-case basis?  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jerseygirlinAZ said:

The kids and parents were not required to wear masks on the Radiance when we sailed March 11, but the staff were wearing them.  Maybe it's a case-by-case basis?  

I think we'd of heard more chatter about this if it was the case, I am guessing it was a misunderstanding and that masks are not required by the children.  

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, famof4togo said:

I think we'd of heard more chatter about this if it was the case, I am guessing it was a misunderstanding and that masks are not required by the children.  

Sure hope not, getting our kids vaccinated should yield the same rewards as adults. Kids are so happy they have finally been able to ditch the masks at school, who would want to wear one on vacation? That would be nuts. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, famof4togo said:

It was certainly not a misunderstanding on my sailing. They were required for the kids. If they didn’t have one when dropped off, they were given a paper one by the staff before being allowed in. Not a big deal and the kids were fine with it. This may vary by sailing. 

7 hours ago, bigcstyle4 said:

It was certainly not a misunderstanding on my sailing. They were required for the kids. If they didn’t have one when dropped off, they were given a paper one by the staff before being allowed in. Not a big deal and the kids were fine with it. This may vary by sailing. 

I appreciate the information and find it surprising.  While you took it in stride and your kids found it to be no big deal, I suspect it will be a very big deal for others (and their children) who have patiently waited for the masks to go away.  Enjoy your trip and thanks again.

2 hours ago, mikehoncho said:

I appreciate the information and find it surprising.  While you took it in stride and your kids found it to be no big deal, I suspect it will be a very big deal for others (and their children) who have patiently waited for the masks to go away.  Enjoy your trip and thanks again.

Exactly!! My kid "just" got the ok to not wear his mask at school...he burned his in our firepit...he has no desire to wear one again and would avoid his club to not have to again.

Edited by famof4togo

We were on the Horizon from march 5th to march 13th. My kids (5 and 8, both vaccinated) went to the Camp. They were not required to wear a mask. I've seen both kids with and without mask going to the Camp, but I don't know if it was by choice or depending on vaccination status.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wattshout said:

We were on the Horizon from march 5th to march 13th. My kids (5 and 8, both vaccinated) went to the Camp. They were not required to wear a mask. I've seen both kids with and without mask going to the Camp, but I don't know if it was by choice or depending on vaccination status.

That's good to hear.  We are booked on the Horizon as well.  As I understand the rules, only vaccinated children are allowed in the club at this time. Thanks

Edited by mikehoncho

On 3/22/2022 at 8:19 AM, Wattshout said:

This was our experience with our 5 year old vaccinated DGS also last week on the Horizon.

We’re the five year olds the only age in their club?  Am I understanding correctly that the kids must be vaccinated to participate in the kids club and the one club is ages 2-5?  If that’s the case how many children participated in this group?

We just got off the Radiance on Friday. Our 6 yr old kept asking the time whenever the club wasn't open as she wanted to go from the minute they opened the to minute they closed every day. 

That said they did not require masking on the Radiance. Vaccinations were required to partake in Camp Ocean so the youngest age was 5.

On our sailing there were about 250 kids aged 5-12 on the ship, and another 250-300 teenagers due to spring break. The camp was mostly full and they warned that it may become a first come first served thing, but that never happened. I think many of the parents didn't even know it was available until day 3 of the cruise (1st and only sea day on the 4 night cruise) as there was a lot longer of a line than usual that morning and I overheard a LOT of people registering kids/getting familiar with the program (lots of "Blue"/first time cards as expected on these shorter cruises). 

Night owls were NOT available on our sailing, but it sure looked like they were getting ready to start offering it (lots of night owl merch/signage/etc in the club) and it sounds like other ships already are. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 1:25 PM, famof4togo said:

Just off the Miracle, no masks required for children, and they did once again have Night Owls available.  Our boys LOVED their club and went every night and met many friends.

Thank you for the timely info!