Testing: 2 days/3 days confusion based on HAL's communications

Linguist208

I'm concerned about two small things: HAL has changed the requirements to 3 days, fine. But the VeriFLY app still says "2 days." I'm afraid that I'll put my date in and it will say "sorry, not within 2 days."

Also, I just got an email from HAL telling me that the health survey is open as it's within 3 days. But that same email also says that I have to be tested within 2 days of sailing. I've got a test scheduled for today (right before we leave on our drive to Port Everglades). I'm sure it's just a thing they haven't updated yet, but still, I just KNOW that some screener at the port won't have gotten the memo... 

I am also sailing on Sunday and had these same concerns.  I went ahead with my test this morning, entered the information in the Health Questionnaire and VeriFLY and was approved on all ends.  I think some of the language just hasn't yet gotten updated (though, once I was in the VeriFLY app, it said "three days").  I was also concerned because my results time was printed in (what I assume is an Indian time zone, but clearly stated the time zone).  I went ahead and marked the time I got my results in my current time zone and it was still accepted by VeriFly about 15 minutes later.

What I understand is that we have to be tested 3 days before sailing if we are fully vaccinated with the extra booster(s) and 2 days if not.  Booster at least 7 days before sailingdate.  I would follow the advice of 12cruise2.   Enjoy your cruise!

I learned yesterday after testing 3 days prior and trying to upload in verifly.  You must input your vaccine info first, if you have a booster, it then will allow you to upload your test information 3 days prior.  I thought I was going to have to retest.  I was doing the happy dance after figuring this out. Can't wait to be back on a Dam Ship!!!!  Cheers!

• Like 1