Travel Backgammon

Barbara60

Ohhhhhh! I was just thinking the other day that I’d like to re-learn backgammon! It’s been years since I’ve played and I really enjoyed it in the past. I recently saw online a travel backgammon game on sale at Horchow. Looked nice! 

Do you want something classy or small but  easy to use?

Jacques of London do some lovely sets and I think you can have them personalised. Look them up on line.

Alternatively if you want something small and useable we bought a small leatherette case with backgammon and chess from a local toy store for approximately $7 which has lasted years….We found compendium sets were frequently smaller and more compact than when we just looked at backgammon sets. This set still comes on longer holidays with us now.

We bought our little leatherette case when our son was young…we deliberately wanted something cheap so it wouldn’t matter if pieces got lost or we left it on deck somewhere. Like chuckroast1 we tend to play on iPads now too. If I wanted a set to take cruising regularly now I think I would look at the Jacques selection….

Edited by chemmo