If you were to find out a Group was on your cruise...

gr81

I probably should have added a comment on the nudists that they had to meet certain criteria in order to parade around. There are just some people out there that need to keep their clothes on! :eek:

Yeah - unfortunately they are the ones that tend to want to take off their clothes. :eek:

Diane

No Shoes, No Shirt, No Service rule..

What happens if you show up with no pants??:eek:

It's going to be a long Friday!! :p

Oh.. I hate to know that the Polka Bands of the World were having a convention on the same ship..

I don't think I would personally like to see a PETA group onboard. I would hate to have protesters outside the dining room when I am enjoying my prime rib and lobster!! LOL Nudists might be interesting though especially if they didn't fit on the F deck. :rolleyes:

I was on the Legend last year...two weeks after "The Nude Cruise". That's what all the staff were calling it anyway. We too were always wondering if some nekked butts were previously in our seats!! :eek:

As for the group I'd want to cruise with....I'll say Brett Favre.

Oh wait...he's not a group.... ;)

I don't think I would personally like to see a PETA group onboard. I would hate to have protesters outside the dining room when I am enjoying my prime rib and lobster!! LOL Nudists might be interesting though especially if they didn't fit on the F deck. :rolleyes:

I'd be fine with PETA cruising with us; More meat for us!

I'd also join PETA if animals were made of something besides meat. ;)

I would absolutely love it if I found out I accidentally booked the same ship as a Parrothead group. Wait -- that actually happened to me on the Fascination! About 200 Parrotheads from Atlanta PHG were there and it was great. they brought the A1A band and there was lots of great music.

I can't speak for a group cruise experience, but when I was a teen (mid-80's), I went with a church youth group to King's Island (KI gave the denomination a special rate for the day and youth groups from 6 states came...). It turns out that KI also booked "Gay Pride Day" for the same day...I know that it turned out to be a VERY educational day...;)

I wonder if there will be a similar reaction in November, on the Radiance (RCCL)? :eek: I'm with a group of 400+ with a G/L tour group who will be on that cruise? Friends of Dorothy will be everywhere! Also should be educational...

"We're not in Kansas anymore...";)

So is there a way you can find out if there are groups before you go?

Last year I was on the Diamond Princess in Alaska. I'd say at least 65% of the ship was a tour from China. None of them spoke any english. They all ate early and went to bed early. The evenings on the ship were a joke, the crew was begging people to participate in the kareoke and game shows.

I don't care what group it is as long as it is never again the group from some Louisiana radio station that cruised with us in September on the Conquest. It's always disheartening to hear someone with a thick southern drawl and very poor english yell at someone who doesn't speak english well to begin with. "AH SAYED AH DOWN'T WONT NO MUS-TARD!!!! DO-YEW-UN-DER-STAYAND?" They treated the Carnival staff like peons when you could tell that they wouldn't know manners or taste if someone beat them with it. Although, it would take a lot. They were a rather "large" group of people.

I happened to be on cruise marketed to G/L last halloween out of Galveston with similar numbers...rainbow flags all over the place...sort of mixed reaction from the us non Gayribean cruisers who were for the most part unaware until the first parade of flags from the sail away party that the group was on the ship...Overall very well behaved and fun ...some fantastic costumes on halloween. It could get a little grungy in the disco unless you were into the leather shorts and no shirt dance group. A little parading around the pool from a few in your face individuals would would have done better on a Atlantis cruise. Overall I would not have changed my plans, but just like if there was a NASCAR group or as I have experiance before a group of High School Bands I think there is some point in time where other passangers sould be told of the large affiliations no matter who it is...

I would be thrilled to find the OYOSMWAGELC on board.

(The Organization of 45-55 Year Old Single Men Who Are Gainfully Employed and Like to Cruise):D

You would have enjoyed the group that was on our cruise one year...LA FIREFIGHTERS.

Hey, I'm married...not BLIND!! :D

As far as what group I'd be surprised by...the swingers...from what I have read...Hey, whatever floats your boat, I just don't want to 'see it' in public areas! (Seen plenty of it with former neighbors - hot tub and Big screen TV were very visible from our kitchen...{shudder} And those that said, it's usually the ones that want to be nekked are really the ones that shouldn't be...oh SO true!!)

I happened to be on cruise marketed to G/L last halloween out of Galveston with similar numbers...rainbow flags all over the place...sort of mixed reaction from the us non Gayribean cruisers who were for the most part unaware until the first parade of flags from the sail away party that the group was on the ship...Overall very well behaved and fun ...some fantastic costumes on halloween. It could get a little grungy in the disco unless you were into the leather shorts and no shirt dance group. A little parading around the pool from a few in your face individuals would would have done better on a Atlantis cruise. Overall I would not have changed my plans, but just like if there was a NASCAR group or as I have experiance before a group of High School Bands I think there is some point in time where other passangers sould be told of the large affiliations no matter who it is...

Great post, 64drvr! Glad you enjoyed your cruise. I will have to check out the trip out of Galveston, since we live in Dallas...that would be so much closer---we could drive!!

For me, I think I might have to JUMP OVERBOARD if the ship were full of higg school bands...or NASCAR, for that matter.

Years ago, I was on a cruise with a large Evangelical Christian group. Wonder what would happen if my group and that group were on the same ship? The mind boggles with the possibilities...:rolleyes:

How about a George Clooney lookalike group?Just to give me something to look at.Oh!and it would help if they were over 40 and single and liked the more generous value size female,and going on the Legend next wednesday;) Well!!!A girl can dream,cant she?

You would have enjoyed the group that was on our cruise one year...LA FIREFIGHTERS.

Hey, I'm married...not BLIND!! :D

As far as what group I'd be surprised by...the swingers...from what I have read...Hey, whatever floats your boat, I just don't want to 'see it' in public areas! (Seen plenty of it with former neighbors - hot tub and Big screen TV were very visible from our kitchen...{shudder} And those that said, it's usually the ones that want to be nekked are really the ones that shouldn't be...oh SO true!!)

I was on the Conquest 2 years ago out of New Orleans, & that was packed with LA fire fighters and nurses....talk about a fun group!

Was this the same cruise you were on?

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS AGAIN! That would surprise the heck out of me if we could ever make it happen again!

****That same Conquest cruise also I happened to have all of my brothers and sisters on the same boat for the first time, with our spouses, and no kids!

...It was so fun...

Haven't been able to do it since....

No ones schedules seem to mesh...but that would be the best group for me to be with again! Cause I am the big sister of them all....and they are the best!

Here is a photo of us all on deck laying out all in a row like dominos soaking up the sun and talking:

21975_2095_10660726_1140549756mdb139065d95dd5850965b3a9dc385e181.jpg

I was on the Conquest 2 years ago out of New Orleans, & that was packed with LA fire fighters and nurses....talk about a fun group!

Was this the same cruise you were on?

No - we were on the cruise with LAFD out of New Orleans in '01. They were a wild group!! :D

Great photo! Are there 8 of you, or nine? I couldn't tell if the lady at the bottom of the photo was leaning in to the pic to be in it or if she was just lounging back...That was probably a great cruise for all of you - especially if it isn't likely to happen again!! That is a lot of schedules to coordinate!!

Do you think if I called the Firefighters union they could tell me if they have another grope....I mean group cruise planned?;)

I guess that it wouldn't hurt to give it a try!! ;) Ya know, just tell them you are doing a little research about fire safety aboard cruise ships...Make it sound somewhat legitmate so they will spill the beans!! :cool: LOL!!

40-50 would be okay - I just prefer a slightly-older-than-me group. Thank God we are not on the same Glory cruise. There is already too much competition!

Isn't it sad??? We have that at church too. I really feel sorry for the poor single guys there. There are so many more women...:eek:

Read a review a few weeks ago of a cruise on the GLORY where the reviewer was complaining because there was a large swingers convention onboard (no, not people who like parks...). I guess several of the lounges were closed during certain hours for their use... :p

I read that too. They B*tched that the disco was closed until 11:00 for a private party. What they failed to realize that on any other night it would be closed until 11:00 for the teen dance. So they missed out on nothing and was miserable and complained for no reason.:rolleyes:

I would love to hang with any group of people that just wanted to enjoy themselves and treated everyone including the staff wonderfully.

I would run screaming if a certain colored hat group was there. I have had nothing but bad experiences with them in restaurants. Rude , demanding and down right mean to the workers and other patrons. Acted like the world owed them everything and they owned the place.

Just a little tid bit of information. If you DO NOT want to be on a cruise with over 1800 NASCAR fans don't book the Pride for December 3rd. This is a Rusty Wallace cruise and last December there were over 1800 on it. I WILL be there this year too.

For any other groups, as long as they don't bother me we can all hang out and fun onthe same ship. We are all there to have fun. So we can just join in and make it one BIG party.

I'd like to the the PETA group overboard...oh well....that's probably not nice is it.

Mark T

Last February on the Inspiration my DW and I were on our first cruise celebrating our 20th anniversary. After we board I'm noticing a large number of women without men, so I'm thinking maybe they are cruising without their DH. I have friends where the husbands all go on a golf outing out of state and all the wives go on a cruise. Anyway back to my point, we come across this long table with name tags on it, hundreds and hundreds. Come to find out we are booked on the same cruise as the WomynFest at Sea.

This made for a very interesting five days. My DW kept getting hit on and offered room keys. The poor thing got to the point where she would not leave the cabin without me by her side. There were like 600 total in this group and they totally took over the ship. We would go the clubs at night to dance and they were always booked for this group with a sign on the door "Private Party". Needless to say I checked their website to see when and where they are cruising this year! Nothing like seeing two 70 year old Grandma's locked in an intimate embrace in the hallway. :eek:

Archived