Daily Plan Worksheet

Kzeeguy

On 3/19/2022 at 11:06 AM, Bowmanvilletravel said:

I handwrite mine, but do 4 columns:

1. first for the date and day,

2. Where we are/day at sea

3. Excursions

4. Dinner plans.

I use a  downloaded blank calendar page & type in what plans/reservations I have made in these above categories....I add if I have made reservations for entertainment (on the big ships)..I hang it on the wall when we get into the stateroom.  I then depend upon the daily ship paper to determine if there is something I want to really try do the next day.  I try to be flexible, as sometimes there's a really good musician in a venue that I want to stay and watch, or I just feel like having a nap in our stateroom!  I find this very helpful for cruises over 7 days, because after that, I have no idea about what day/date it is, never mind what reservations I have made!

• Like 1

Wow, I may watch a few you tube videos about the ship I’m sailing on..

I’m a guy who packs about an hour before I leave to catch my plane.  🙂

I’m glad we are all a bit different. 

• Like 2

On 3/20/2022 at 11:24 AM, lgdesign said:

Absolutely... creating my cheat sheet helps make sure we aren't oveplanning and overfilling our days... those random unplanned moments are often the ones that make the trip extra great!  The purpose of the sheet is just to have one convenient place for basic and critical info.  Leaving time for the spontaneous is very important.

Your "cheat sheet" IS overplanning

(1) Many people ENJOY planning.  (2) Planning enables you to at least be aware of options that exist.  (3) Making a plan does not mean that you must follow it rigidly - nothing stops you from making spontaneous adjustments.  Why spend thousands of dollars but not even have a look at a guide book?  You could be missing an experience you would love because you did not know it was available.  We have friends who come home from 3/4 of their very expensive vacations disappointed.  The last time they traveled I offered them a copy of my detailed itinerary and they came home raving that they had the best trip they've ever taken in their lives.  Planning made the difference. 

That said, if you are primarily interested in relaxing on the ship or you are doing the same ports for the umpteenth time, then planning is not a priority.  People's travel habits can be very different.  We rarely go to the same place twice.   It's a big world and we like to explore new places.  Planning is valuable for us because we will probably only be someplace once.  There are others who go on exactly the same vacation twice a year primarily to relax and can't get enough of it - no plans needed or wanted.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

you can google the cruise and itinerary and find past Freestyle Daily newspapers. This will help you get a rough idea of activities. The major activities usually stay the same but they may change a trivia topic or a different comic, etc. 

I just got off the Breakaway  March 13-19th sailing and can share those if you are on a Breakaway cruise out of NOLA.

Edited by nolatravelgirl

3 hours ago, nolatravelgirl said:

you can google the cruise and itinerary and find past Freestyle Daily newspapers. This will help you get a rough idea of activities. The major activities usually stay the same but they may change a trivia topic or a different comic, etc. 

I just got off the Breakaway  March 13-19th sailing and can share those if you are on a Breakaway cruise out of NOLA.

I'd be interested @nolatravelgirl in the Breakaway dailies if you have them.....   😄