Reversible dress?

scurrymd

My husband and I are planning a 4 month trip to Australia and NZ and are planning on cruising there from the US. We will be doing a lot of traveling and hiking while in Aus/NZ so want to limit how much luggage we are bringing. Was wondering if anyone has gotten a reversible dress they would recommend? 

I've never seen a reversible dress - not sure I'd ever want one.  But, I have dresses that I can easily repeat because I bring different things to go with them.  For example, a black & white striped dress of mine (folds up easily) I can wear by itself, with a red sweater/shrug, and with a black sweater/shrug.  I guess I could wear it with a white one as well, but haven't paired them to see if it will look good.  

Sue/WDW1972

Look at the American Giant website.  It just put up some Tshirt dresses for the Spring/Summer.  I've had a little Black Tshirt dress since 2007 and it's my travel go-to.  Dresses up with jewelry/sweater/scarf or wear with sneakers or sandals.   Nice price point, too. 

Every reversible dress I've looked at seemed just heavy and would be hot in the Summer.  I think they are usually polyester, which does not breathe at all.  

Found this on Travelsmith….

https://www.travelsmith.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=MB9224+BKW+XL

I have liked some of their stuff for travel and comfort.

I can’t specifically speak to this dress, but at least it’s on sale right now. 

ETA - I tried to search Magellans also, and found, to my surprise, they are one and the same with Travelsmith.  Interesting.  

Found these too…..

Reversible “overpiece”   but looks like it might could be used as a dress

frankandoak.com

hsn.com

stitchfix.com

serengetifashions.com

Just tying to help,,,,I love the “hunt” of shopping!! 
Best of luck to you on your search, and have a wonderful time on your amazing trip! 

Edited by CarolSW
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, CarolSW said:

Found this on Travelsmith….

https://www.travelsmith.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=MB9224+BKW+XL

I have liked some of their stuff for travel and comfort.

I can’t specifically speak to this dress, but at least it’s on sale right now. 

ETA - I tried to search Magellans also, and found, to my surprise, they are one and the same with Travelsmith.  Interesting.  

Found these too…..

Reversible “overpiece”   but looks like it might could be used as a dress

frankandoak.com

hsn.com

stitchfix.com

serengetifashions.com

Just tying to help,,,,I love the “hunt” of shopping!! 
Best of luck to you on your search, and have a wonderful time on your amazing trip! 

Thanks, I appreciate the help!!

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Look at the American Giant website.  It just put up some Tshirt dresses for the Spring/Summer.  I've had a little Black Tshirt dress since 2007 and it's my travel go-to.  Dresses up with jewelry/sweater/scarf or wear with sneakers or sandals.   Nice price point, too. 

Every reversible dress I've looked at seemed just heavy and would be hot in the Summer.  I think they are usually polyester, which does not breathe at all.  

Thanks!  Looks like being heavy is a common theme on these dresses…I may wind up just doing two lightweight dresses. 

• Like 3

I have a reversible dress from Chicos that I LOVE. I wish they would offer more of them. One side has a beautiful floral pattern on a coral background, and the other side is a leopard print. Very different looks. Lightweight and can be rolled up. short sleeve and hits just above the knee. I also have a dress from White House Black Market that is reversible: solid raspberry on one side and flowers on the other. 

WHY don't more places make reversible dresses? I typically would only wear in the evening at dinner and show, so not getting the dress dirty or sweating etc. so why not wear the next night reversed? 

Maybe I need to start designing some of my own!

This isn't a comment on the dress question since I've never tried a reversible dress, but I wonder if the OP could kindly tell us who she is sailing to Australia with -- that's something I want to do!

I had a reversible dress that I just moved on.....I had reversible pants as well until last winter.  The dress was made very nice, but I purged items and that was one of the things that didn't make the cut.  I would honestly tell you to search out Poshmark rather than buy something new.  I have three reversible skirts (one of them will be going on our trip to Europe this year) and all came from Poshmark.  I've been happy with the sellers there 99% of the time.  As a light packer, they really come in handy! 

On 3/30/2022 at 2:41 PM, kaymoz said:

This isn't a comment on the dress question since I've never tried a reversible dress, but I wonder if the OP could kindly tell us who she is sailing to Australia with -- that's something I want to do!

We are going on Celebrity this time. We went in 2018 with Royal Caribbean and had a wonderful trip!