Spirit

jeep1

Yes, much bigger.

The only caveat is that this is a new cabin that was added at the recent refurbishment (the kids club used to be there). I haven’t sailed on the Spirit since that refurb, but we always used to book 10686, on the other side, if it was available. That room was much bigger than a standard balcony room. Unless they have significantly changed it, or 10186 is different, you have hit the jackpot. It is a really great room.

On 3/19/2022 at 12:02 PM, KeithJenner said:

Yes, much bigger.

The only caveat is that this is a new cabin that was added at the recent refurbishment (the kids club used to be there). I haven’t sailed on the Spirit since that refurb, but we always used to book 10686, on the other side, if it was available. That room was much bigger than a standard balcony room. Unless they have significantly changed it, or 10186 is different, you have hit the jackpot. It is a really great room.

Did you have any noises issues with your room being so close to Spice H2O?

8 minutes ago, The Traveling Man said:

Did you have any noises issues with your room being so close to Spice H2O?

It wasn't Spice pre refurb, but I doubt that it is an issue. The corridor runs between the cabin and Spice, so you have a barrier.

I have heard of some noise from kids using that corridor, and occasionally heard them, but that was when the kids pool was at the back. Now it is Spice that should be less of an issue.

The location is perfect if, like us, you use the outdoor seating for breakfast, and it is also handy for getting drinks from the bar there.

6 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

It wasn't Spice pre refurb, but I doubt that it is an issue. The corridor runs between the cabin and Spice, so you have a barrier.

I have heard of some noise from kids using that corridor, and occasionally heard them, but that was when the kids pool was at the back. Now it is Spice that should be less of an issue.

The location is perfect if, like us, you use the outdoor seating for breakfast, and it is also handy for getting drinks from the bar there.

We have sailed on the Spirit a couple of times, always in a stateroom near midship.  We have heard of passengers on other NCL ships reporting significant engine vibration in aft cabins.  Was this an issue for you on the Spirit?

Just now, The Traveling Man said:

We have sailed on the Spirit a couple of times, always in a stateroom near midship.  We have heard of passengers on other NCL ships reporting significant engine vibration in aft cabins.  Was this an issue for you on the Spirit?

Not that I recall. However, we have stayed aft quite often on various ships and I don't recall it every being a problem, so maybe I just don't notice it. I sometimes notice some vibration when manouvering (i.e. when docking), but nothing that's ever been a problem that I recall.