Cruise Planner, Princess Direct or Travel Agent

Hi All,

Just asking how do others feel re booking of their Cruises. I have used Princess Direct and a Travel Agent and now have been directed to a Princess Cruise Planner. I am a bit worried about the time that the Cruise Planner takes to reply to some of my queries. Am I been selfish and not allowing time for her to obtain the info that I want? if so, I am sorry but with all the cancellations that I have been having I do not know what is the best plan to adopt. Please advise or help where you can.

1 hour ago, Sailaway John said:

Hi All,

Just asking how do others feel re booking of their Cruises. I have used Princess Direct and a Travel Agent and now have been directed to a Princess Cruise Planner. I am a bit worried about the time that the Cruise Planner takes to reply to some of my queries. Am I been selfish and not allowing time for her to obtain the info that I want? if so, I am sorry but with all the cancellations that I have been having I do not know what is the best plan to adopt. Please advise or help where you can.

Up until last year I had booked almost all our Princess cruises myself, monitored fares,  requested refaring or cancellations through the usual support line and that worked very well. I decided to try using a planner to book the 2024 world cruise as I was concerned there may not be many cabins available after move-overs from the cancelled 2022 world cruise. She got me exactly the cabin I wanted. I'm very interested to see if she can do that again on Thursday for the two Coral cruises I'm booking.

So I would have to say I've been reasonably impressed with my cruise planner, even more so since the fare she got me for the NZ cruise I booked last week was $330pp cheaper than the fare on the Princess website, plus less deposit required and a bit of OBC. Gotta love that! However she doesn't seem to be keen on email exchanges, she prefers to talk on the phone. I don't know how many people get allocated to each cruise planner but I imagine it's quite a few so they can't always deal with your requests immediately if other people are also wanting info. Also most, if not all, of the cruise planners are US-based even though they work to our business hours. But that means they may not be able to source the info you want until the next day US time.

What sort of queries were you asking? I have noticed that my planner skirts around some issues, possibly under instruction from Princess.

Also if you can't get hold of your planner and need to know something urgently you can just ring the usual support line and ask for help there.

21 minutes ago, Sailaway John said:

Thanks for the reply. I will to call her on her phone number or Princess direct.

To talk to your planner direct you need to use the number and extension provided.