Sky Suite or Infinite Veranda?

samplecd02

21 minutes ago, jelayne said:

We were told no to ordering the MDR daily specials on the Edge.  Only the everyday items, sirloin, chicken, salmon and things like shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad, French onion soup were available. 

Sounds like Modern Luxury to me and a great way to treat your most profitable customers.

• Like 2

As I posted earlier compare the prices.   

One of the best  categories on the E class is the sunset verandas.   They are at the back of the ship and have a rather large balcony and I think loungers.   It is a nice  place to lounge and relax watching the wake.   If they are available it is worth comparing the prices between that and a SS. 

On our cruises that were in AQ and a SS we spent a lot of time in the Eden area.   The BTs and servers were fantastic.   Oleksii, Benji, Nitish,, and Percy.  In the SS we also spent a lot of time on our balcony.    

We had the Premium drink pack on all cruises so the  retreat lounge was redundant for us when in the SS 

With all of the food options we never used the afternoon canapés in the Retreat Lounge or the morning continental breakfast.   We always had something else to do and also didn’t feel like eating more 

It is your money and you can spend it the way you like.   This is my recommendation and experience.  Just trying to give you the options to consider and not pay more for something you may not need or use.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Without a doubt, for us it would be a sky suite.  We would never consider sailing in an infinite veranda (which to us isn’t really having a veranda at all!).    From what the OP states, I believe they would enjoy the extra space in the SS and the quiet, chill vibe of The Retreat and the Retreat Sundeck, especially the area not around the pool (where we have always been able to find shade when wanted).  

I will join what appears to be the majority and say, hands down, no contest.  The 

Retreat.   But the price difference is BIG.  It is not apples to apples, but apples to grapefruit.

Honestly, there is no way I will ever cruise in an infinity balcony cabin again.  We hated it, and found it annoying....the chairs, the shades, the a/c issues.  It’s like being on a train and lowering the window.  No thank you!

Joanie

7 hours ago, kwokpot said:

We were on the Apex December 11-20 and was told we couldn't order MDR entrees in Luminae. 

That is correct.  As it has been said many times, in many places -- ordering off the MDR menu in Luminae is only available on the M and S Class ships.   

2 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

That is correct.  As it has been said many times, in many places -- ordering off the MDR menu in Luminae is only available on the M and S Class ships.   

It seems to me that the waiter telling these tales just didn't click with the passenger... Or maybe this was said by a troll and everybody is just repeating it. But we just finished 2 weeks on the Edge in the Caribbean. In Luminae the first question was do you have any food allergies, and the second was would you like to see the MDR menu also? There was never an issue with ordering MDR dishes, even to the extent of having the MDR jerk dish replated as a starter. If you want lobster and prime rib on the same plate, done. Usually in the MDR they will bring both plates and you deal with it, but not in Luminae.  Remember that Retreat class usually cost double to triple that of a veranda so they go Beyond.(past the Edge, the service level is at the Apex of service, see what I did there?) In the new promo videos Celebrity is saying that the Retreat Host can unpack your luggage and run you a bubble bath, so bringing your a different meal is an easy task. You are never more than 1000 feet from anywhere. I know this will not end the debate and some will not believe, but you can't believe everything you read on the internet. YMMV, so smile and be grateful to be healthy and financially well enough to be at sea in the time of turmoil. nuf said.

13 hours ago, darren42 said:

It seems to me that the waiter telling these tales just didn't click with the passenger... Or maybe this was said by a troll and everybody is just repeating it. But we just finished 2 weeks on the Edge in the Caribbean. In Luminae the first question was do you have any food allergies, and the second was would you like to see the MDR menu also? There was never an issue with ordering MDR dishes, even to the extent of having the MDR jerk dish replated as a starter. If you want lobster and prime rib on the same plate, done.  I know this will not end the debate and some will not believe, but you can't believe everything you read on the internet. YMMV, so smile and be grateful to be healthy and financially well enough to be at sea in the time of turmoil. nuf said.

Wow - that is interesting.  We sailed on Edge in February 2020 and was told  at both lunch and dinner that we could not order off the MDR menu.    Glad you were able to do that.  Gives us something to look forward to the next time we sail on Edge class. 

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Wow - that is interesting.  We sailed on Edge in February 2020 and was told  at both lunch and dinner that we could not order off the MDR menu.    Glad you were able to do that.  Gives us something to look forward to the next time we sail on Edge class. 

If i had to guess, I'd assume it was only because passenger levels have been so low.