Norwegian Free Offers Question

tbedard1

1 hour ago, tbedard1 said:

Can anyone tell me how the Free Speciality Dining works? The Speciality Restaurants are all alacarte .Is there a dollar limit and they deduct that ? Thanks in advance!

The only limit is one entrée. You can have multiple appetizers, an entrée, multiple sides and desserts. There are a few items on menus that show an upcharge if you are using your free at sea benefit,,, but most things are included in the free meal. 

Here's are a couple of examples of "free" meals. Note: "UDP" is the old name for the Specialty Dining Package. 

image.thumb.png.67adac8cfb6c6beaa9e57adc182972e1.png

image.thumb.png.a516f25e6bf24801e4c859f13c879225.png

Here' the waiter ran two separate checks for some reason

image.png.7c42cb3a9fb7398eed2781a89ae722c1.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tbedard1 said:

Can anyone tell me how the Free Speciality Dining works? The Speciality Restaurants are all alacarte .Is there a dollar limit and they deduct that ? Thanks in advance!

All the info requested is on the NCL web site for all to see...

https://www.ncl.com/termsandconditions/promotions

BTW it is not speciality dining it is specialty dining.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

First time NCL Cruiser: Question on Free Dining: Pre-Embarkation Reservations. 

I have made a reservation for 8 at Teppanyaki for the first night (Table for 😎

I was reading through the Free promotion T&Cs and came across this:

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

• Guests are permitted to pre-reserve specialty dining with entertainment included However, the guest is responsible to pay the full retail value
  • If the guest chooses to use the reservation as part of their specialty dining package, they will need to make these arrangements once onboard

So - does this mean that I will need to pay full price just because I reserved ahead of time 

That seems really odd to me. I have also made other reservations for complementary restaurants, and one other later in the week at an al la Carte restaurant.

4 hours ago, RGEDad said:

First time NCL Cruiser: Question on Free Dining: Pre-Embarkation Reservations. 

I have made a reservation for 8 at Teppanyaki for the first night (Table for 😎

I was reading through the Free promotion T&Cs and came across this:

https://www.ncl.com/about/terms-and-conditions/promotions

• Guests are permitted to pre-reserve specialty dining with entertainment included However, the guest is responsible to pay the full retail value
  • If the guest chooses to use the reservation as part of their specialty dining package, they will need to make these arrangements once onboard

So - does this mean that I will need to pay full price just because I reserved ahead of time 

That seems really odd to me. I have also made other reservations for complementary restaurants, and one other later in the week at an al la Carte restaurant.

Firstly, your Teppanyaki reservation is fine and will be covered by the dining package (assuming all 8 people have it). That is why you were able to book it without paying.

The wording you quoted isn’t clear, but it is referring to the dinner shows that are on some newer ships, where you have a show accompanied by a meal. I don’t know exactly how these work these days (I have only ever gone a couple of times and those were years ago), but it seems that those need booking onboard, based on my understanding of what they are saying there.