Embarkation

trbarton

Will Carnival accept all of the documents that they require, Passport, vaccination record & Covid test in an folder on my phone or do they need to see the original documents. I’m aware I need to print out my boarding pass. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

They were allowing digital vaccination & COVID testing results; on some cruises, you may upload this information (and your passport) to be screened ahead of time.

Not sure about passports, but I’ve learned to never travel without mine.  Personal or family emergencies, work obligations, etc can and do happen, and not having the physical passport can be a handicap (e.g. having to travel home by air, etc.)

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Will Carnival accept all of the documents that they require, Passport, vaccination record & Covid test in an folder on my phone or do they need to see the original documents. I’m aware I need to print out my boarding pass. 

Thanks!

Tom😀

Vaccination and Covid tests yes,  passport - absolutely not, you must show the actual passport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crazyank said:

Vaccination and Covid tests yes,  passport - absolutely not, you must show the actual passport.

Thanks for the reply’s. I always carry all of the original documents with me. I’ve cruised with Princess more & they accept everything as a digital copy thus my questions. 

So if you can upload your Passport prior to your cruise do you still need to show the actual Passport?

Thanks!

Tom😀

As someone who has checked-in cruise passengers I have a story to share. 

An older couple came to the check-in counter and when I ask for their travel documents they gave me their Florida driver's licenses, and they had photocopies of their passports.  I asked if they had their birth certificates with them and they said no.  They explained that their son-in-law who they said was an FBI agent told them not to travel with their passports because their US passports were worth $10K on the black market.

I had no words.  

I had my supervisor come over to speak to them, and long story short, they had to call home and have someone find their birth certificates, photograph them and email the pictures to the pier.  The passengers were able to get copies of their BCs, but it took hours.  They did get to sail. 

Carry your passports!!!

• Like 2