Oasis Cabin Deck Choice

2 hours ago, PokrChick said:

What does that mean?  Is there a wall or something dividing the elevator area into sides?

The Boardwalk sign on deck 6 arches up into the aft elevator lobby on deck 7, so at the aft elevator lobby, you can not cross over from port to starboard like you can on all other decks. There is a a "pony wall, and railing on both port and starboard sides and the deck is open 

Edited by not-enough-cruising
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On oasis class 8 is best midship,  near aft elevator.  Breakfast or coffee in central park is such a nice setting.  I always try to get where i can use stairs some of the time. No more then 2 flights to a frequented deck.  

On 3/21/2022 at 6:57 PM, leaveitallbehind said:

I am certain that is a typo as you do realize deck 15 is the pool deck.  A stateroom there would be quite interesting!  😄

12580 is, of course, on deck 12.....LOL

Might be one way to get a pool chair 

• Haha 1

Thanks for all the help! We ended up moving to deck 8, starboard side in the very aft of the front third (if that makes sense). A few rooms away from the elevator bank and less than a minute walk from the forward entrance to CP.

I will try to report back after next week to have some observations. So looking forward to cruising after being away for several years.

7 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

Thanks for all the help! We ended up moving to deck 8, starboard side in the very aft of the front third (if that makes sense). A few rooms away from the elevator bank and less than a minute walk from the forward entrance to CP.

I will try to report back after next week to have some observations. So looking forward to cruising after being away for several years.

Great location - good choice!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

You will love it.  Central park is the boats best kept secret.  Look for the owl!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just a follow up as we came home yesterday. We stayed in 8552 and 8550 connecting rooms and could not have been happier with the location. The convenience to Central Park and most other interior spaces was fantastic. The rooms were quiet and location was ideal for us. Will be back in that area again. Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SWACruising said:

Just a follow up as we came home yesterday. We stayed in 8552 and 8550 connecting rooms and could not have been happier with the location. The convenience to Central Park and most other interior spaces was fantastic. The rooms were quiet and location was ideal for us. Will be back in that area again. Thanks for all the help.

So glad it worked out for you!  Can't wait to hear about your trip!

• Like 1