Any problems with Ft Lauderdale PCR test?

Had an Antigen test at CVS yesterday was all new procedure took 2 hours for myself and husband. They now have to take your V/S, medical and surgical history, medication review. If any abnormal findings you then are required to see the Nurse Practitioner.  My SH blood pressure was elevated ( we knew that I had taken it before we left to go. also I am a retired cardiac nurse so was not alarmed). All this to say new protocols, new procedures and soon everyone will be charged for the test.

You now have to make the appointment the day of the exam not 14 days in advance.

1 hour ago, The sea calls my name said:

Had an Antigen test at CVS yesterday was all new procedure took 2 hours for myself and husband. They now have to take your V/S, medical and surgical history, medication review. If any abnormal findings you then are required to see the Nurse Practitioner.  My SH blood pressure was elevated ( we knew that I had taken it before we left to go. also I am a retired cardiac nurse so was not alarmed). All this to say new protocols, new procedures and soon everyone will be charged for the test.

You now have to make the appointment the day of the exam not 14 days in advance.

Whoa...this sure is different than the last several times we had the rapid test at CVS. We just stayed in our car and the CVS person gave us the q-tip to do the test ourselves while he or she watched. I don't like the idea of having to give them all of our medical information. Plus I have white coat syndrome and my BP is always high when I go to the doctor. ggggrrrr..... I mean what will happen if my BP is high? At home it is very normal...and often below 120.

What part of Florida do you live? We are in the northeast part...hope our CVS is not like yours!

5 hours ago, The sea calls my name said:

Huh.  Was that at a Minute Clinic or a rapid testing location?  CVS has both...

We did a rapid testing a couple weeks back, and the person working the testing was behind plexiglass and we had no physical contact whatsoever.  A brief medical history was submitted on the app while making the appointment.

Then again, the rapid testing was done in a repurposed steel shipping container in the parking lot, not in the store at the Minute Clinic.  

1 hour ago, Lane Hog said:

Huh.  Was that at a Minute Clinic or a rapid testing location?  CVS has both...

We did a rapid testing a couple weeks back, and the person working the testing was behind plexiglass and we had no physical contact whatsoever.  A brief medical history was submitted on the app while making the appointment.

Then again, the rapid testing was done in a repurposed steel shipping container in the parking lot, not in the store at the Minute Clinic.  

It was a minute clinic, just took over 120 of them.

5 hours ago, ptf2009 said:

Whoa...this sure is different than the last several times we had the rapid test at CVS. We just stayed in our car and the CVS person gave us the q-tip to do the test ourselves while he or she watched. I don't like the idea of having to give them all of our medical information. Plus I have white coat syndrome and my BP is always high when I go to the doctor. ggggrrrr..... I mean what will happen if my BP is high? At home it is very normal...and often below 120.

What part of Florida do you live? We are in the northeast part...hope our CVS is not like yours!

It was in Palm Coast. 

6 hours ago, JustSomeLady said:

What about using emed from home? 

We've done eMed tests at home for our past cruises. Simple. Easy. Fast. 

And for our cruise last week, our insurance company paid the full cost of the test when we filed a claim (even though the federal government only requires them to pay the first $12/kit). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, welovetahiti said:

My test is scheduled for next week at CVS, and I'll make a back up appointment at Walgreen's.  How successful have cruisers been with tests taken these past few weeks?  Any problems?  

Just watch availability. The CVS stores around our home stopped doing rapid test tests this week. We normally do eMed at home test, but book a back-up test at CVS in case eMed is unavailable. We have another cruise in 2 weeks and are now looking for that back-up test site. 

I also was going to suggest the eMed test.  It's not free, but it also doesn't require an appointment that can run late or be cancelled, and you don't have to go anywhere to do it.

• Like 1