Specialty Dining Plus option!

Jim The Lizard

Ok, what is the deal with Specialty Dining Plus?  Looks like it's a discounted two dinner option, which would be a n8ce addition to our March Prima Cruise (mix in some old favorites with some new restaurants!).  I try to purchase and it gives me an error message.  Called NCL, representative has no idea what I'm talking about.  Sent her a pic from app, showed her supervisor....no one knows.  Mysterious!  Anyone know anything about this?  

60F7EA39-429E-41D3-9AC2-F9A3CC877E18.png

12 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

It looks like the upgrade option where you get additional meals at a discount if you have the free at sea dining package.

It was discussed on here recently.

Thx Keith!  I did a quick search but didn't see the post.  I'll look some more.   

1 hour ago, Jim The Lizard said:

Ok, what is the deal with Specialty Dining Plus?  Looks like it's a discounted two dinner option, which would be a n8ce addition to our March Prima Cruise (mix in some old favorites with some new restaurants!).  I try to purchase and it gives me an error message.  Called NCL, representative has no idea what I'm talking about.  Sent her a pic from app, showed her supervisor....no one knows.  Mysterious!  Anyone know anything about this?  

BTW, when is your March Prima cruise?

Are  you aware that Atlantis is planning to charter the 5 march cruise?

I just saw this and was wondering what it was as there is no explanation.  If it helps there are three in my cabin but only the 1st and 2nd passenger can buy this.  I’m guessing it is an add on to get more specialty meals.  Do you think 2 more is what we would get??

42 minutes ago, heidikay said:

I just saw this and was wondering what it was as there is no explanation.  If it helps there are three in my cabin but only the 1st and 2nd passenger can buy this.  I’m guessing it is an add on to get more specialty meals.  Do you think 2 more is what we would get??

I'm almost positive that it's just 1 more. 

4 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

Yep.  Same week.  If they charter for full ship we'll move on to another date. 

We've already cancelled and rebooked on Breakaway.  We are very particular about our cabins in the Haven and there was only one other cruise with an acceptable cabin.  It was priced $2600 more than the one we had booked on Prima.  No big deal.  We had already booked the same cabin on Prima in 2024.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

We've already cancelled and rebooked on Breakaway.  We are very particular about our cabins in the Haven and there was only one other cruise with an acceptable cabin.  It was priced $2600 more than the one we had booked on Prima.  No big deal.  We had already booked the same cabin on Prima in 2024.

I'm glad you were able to switch.  I called Atlantis Travel today and confirmed with a rep that they are finalizing the Prima charter for 3/5. So I expect to get bumped.  Emailed my TA   I'll figure it out!  

4 hours ago, heidikay said:

It does look like 2:

image.png.1f7d742c7423b80ff4af6b143b38644b.png

32 minutes ago, Bowmanvilletravel said:

@Jim The LizardWe figured out in our roll call that recently NCL dropped the number of free dinners that you got on the cruise. As an example, we got 3 for a 15 day cruise, I think you used to get 5. It appears that if you were one of the people that got less dinners got offered this deal 

I am in a balcony with two meals as part of my Free at Sea.  Good thought process though.  That would make sense. 

Whether it is a “good deal” is debatable, but it is a nice option!  🤷🏻‍♂️

With “Free at Sea” we got two specialty meals when we booked.

We are Platinum and get 2 more specialty meals when we board.

We took advantage of this offer for my folks who are traveling with us and not yet Platinum, so they could enjoy another 2 specialty meals with us!   😃

10 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

60F7EA39-429E-41D3-9AC2-F9A3CC877E18.png

If you go into your summary and expand the onboard packages, gifts, etc tab you can add to your cart from there. That worked for me when adding it from the main page didn;t!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Jim The Lizard said:

I'm glad you were able to switch.  I called Atlantis Travel today and confirmed with a rep that they are finalizing the Prima charter for 3/5. So I expect to get bumped.  Emailed my TA   I'll figure it out!  

I went through a similar charter boondoggle about four/five years ago on Holland.  There was a Jazz group booking a full charter on the cruise I had booked.   I learned then that the best course of action is too change as soon as you find out.

My TA was very understanding and handled my rebooking in a few minutes.  Of course, I told her the exact cabin number I wanted, the cruise ship, and the date of the cruise.  I also sent her a link to the Atlantis Travel advertisement for the cruise.

IIRC, you'll probably be offered a miserly amount of OBC for the inconvenience.  I think it was $200 on my cruise.

Whole ship charters are a pain but the most pain comes from very large group bookings.  A large group can negotiate special incentives from the cruise line.  They can take over a complete seating in the MDR.  The best viewing area on Holland is the Crows Nest, a large lounge area on the front of the ship.  It was reported on CC that one large group negotiated exclusive access for hours at a time while cruising through the most scenic areas, glaciers, etc.

19 hours ago, NEW 2 CRUISIN said:

Whether it is a “good deal” is debatable, but it is a nice option!  🤷🏻‍♂️

With “Free at Sea” we got two specialty meals when we booked.

We are Platinum and get 2 more specialty meals when we board.

We took advantage of this offer for my folks who are traveling with us and not yet Platinum, so they could enjoy another 2 specialty meals with us!   😃

I am Platinum also.  Thought we only get one extra specialty dining meal?  

7 minutes ago, Jim The Lizard said:

I am Platinum also.  Thought we only get one extra specialty dining meal?  

You get two meals for two per cabin (more if there are 3+ platinums sharing a room)

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jim The Lizard said:

The dreaded “circle of death”!  

B2273306-EED8-42BF-981B-72731FA40EEC.png

I get that if trying to do it from the main page or via the upgrade page but if I do it from the vacation summary it works!

Web capture_23-3-2022_165925_www.ncl.com.jpeg

• Like 1

I spoke too soon. I was just able to purchase the discounted package. First I selected Offer Upgrades under Explore and Plan (on the website, not the app). Then I found Specialty Dining Plus under my included 2-meal plan. It went through with no problem on the website. On the app there wasn’t a way to select the passengers.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Cindy