Opinion of Celebrity Apex's Excursion : "A Day Trip to Nevis with Lunch"

anne13

The description states a sea taxi ride to Nevis, then photo of Hamilton's home, Bath Hotel, Artisan Village, St Thomas Anglican Church, and then beach time with lunch  at Pinney's Beach.  It's a 6 hour excursion. 

Has anyone does this trip?  What did you think?

How long is the sea taxi ride to Nevis? 

Then did you transfer to a van or bus? 

How long were you actually at the beach before you had to leave back to the ship?  

Thank you. 

We did this tour earlier this month. Was probably our favorite excursion of the trip.  Short walk to marina and took a boat to Nevis.  About 30 minutes. Provided beverages on the boat.  Then got on a bus.  Ours was an air conditioned bus.  The other was more of a school bus.  Smoothie was our tour guide and he was knowledgeable and funny.  Made several short stops on the tour and then went to the beach where we had lunch ( choice of two entrees). We had about 1 1/2 hours after that on the beach.  Chairs provided.  I will say there’s not a great changing area there so might want to wear swimsuit with coverup. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2022 at 6:53 PM, wildcats40 said:

We did this tour earlier this month. Was probably our favorite excursion of the trip.  Short walk to marina and took a boat to Nevis.  About 30 minutes. Provided beverages on the boat.  Then got on a bus.  Ours was an air conditioned bus.  The other was more of a school bus.  Smoothie was our tour guide and he was knowledgeable and funny.  Made several short stops on the tour and then went to the beach where we had lunch ( choice of two entrees). We had about 1 1/2 hours after that on the beach.  Chairs provided.  I will say there’s not a great changing area there so might want to wear swimsuit with coverup. 

Was there any shade or umbrellas available for the beach? It seems sightseeing intensive or was it more sightseeing of sorts on the way to the beach? 

How was the boat to Nevis? The catamaran has a warning about seasickness but this one doesn't so I'm curious. Thanks!

Edited by bhsolo

They had lounge chairs with an umbrella set up for us so we could have shade if we wanted it.  There were several stops as we drove across the island to the beach (hot spring, church, overlook, Hamilton home) but each were short stops.  The tour guide's commentary was interesting and fun as well.  I wouldn't say the boat trip would make someone seasick but I guess it depends on the person.  It was a little choppy in one direction as we were going pretty fast but no one seemed bothered by it.