Family cruise with 2 cabins and adult child wants to cancel

1 hour ago, flamingos said:

Any luck finding a friend of your daughter's to take the cruise?

No. I mentioned upthread I'm not too keen on my daughter's friends, plus I don't want the responsibility of someone else's kid, even if they're legally an adult. I'm not crazy about the idea of my 20-year-old daughter having her own cabin, but we'll be right next door and she's a bit of an odd duck anyways. It'll be more of an issue getting her awake and out of the room, rather than worrying about her partying too much. She can sleep until 2:00 in the afternoon easily...

I'm taking the advice here, and we're just going to "no show" my son at the pier check-in. That'll allow us to keep the cabin assignments we've got. I'm going to call in and have him removed from the Cruise Planner purchases so I won't lose the pricing I got on the DDP/UDP. 

In the end, we'll miss having him on the trip, but I'm going to get back a few hundred bucks, so I'm not out of pocket. 

• Like 2

One of my daughters decided not to go recently so I called and substituted her out with another daughter.  They changed the name on all my excursions and internet.  Everything was free to do all that.  I am sure they will cancel all his dinner reservations.