Costa drinks

jennjess

Can someone give me some info on Costa drinks.  The all inclusive rate is rather high for the amount we are likely to drink, we are not big drinkers. Is there a possibilty to book a non alcholic package after booking the standard rate.  And what if any drinks are available free, water, tea or coffee.

Hi  I had a look on the MyCosta area for packages and there is a 20 drink and 40 drink non alcoholic package. The package is described as 

The best of non-alcoholic beverages from the bar drinks list. This package provides easy access to: fruit juices, cold teas, cordials, and non-alcoholic long drinks. Maximum freedom  for you to enjoy or offer to anyone at any time during the cruise.

The 20 and 40 drink option is 65 euros and 110 euros respectively. 

There is also a water, coffee and beer package:

Enjoy this little package for your day by day enjoyment, with a package of 7 water bottles (1lt), 7 draft beers (40cl) and 14 coffees (normal or decaf). 
This is 69 euros

And a water package of 13 1 litre bottles for 36 euros. 
  • Like 1

On 3/23/2022 at 11:28 PM, jennjess said:

Can someone give me some info on Costa drinks.  The all inclusive rate is rather high for the amount we are likely to drink, we are not big drinkers. Is there a possibilty to book a non alcholic package after booking the standard rate.  And what if any drinks are available free, water, tea or coffee.

There is tea coffee water etc.. available all day in the buffet and its included in your fare.  You just go help yourself.  You can also buy your drinks as needed - you dont need a package.  The first time we bought a package we struggled to get our monies worth.  Felt I had to drink too much to make it worth while.  

Edited by Janet&Carl
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, dritan said:

Hi  I had a look on the MyCosta area for packages and there is a 20 drink and 40 drink non alcoholic package. The package is described as 

The best of non-alcoholic beverages from the bar drinks list. This package provides easy access to: fruit juices, cold teas, cordials, and non-alcoholic long drinks. Maximum freedom  for you to enjoy or offer to anyone at any time during the cruise.

The 20 and 40 drink option is 65 euros and 110 euros respectively. 

There is also a water, coffee and beer package:

Enjoy this little package for your day by day enjoyment, with a package of 7 water bottles (1lt), 7 draft beers (40cl) and 14 coffees (normal or decaf). 
This is 69 euros

And a water package of 13 1 litre bottles for 36 euros. 

Many thanks for the info.  It's not possible to look this up before booking so I appreciate you passing this on.

46 minutes ago, Janet&Carl said:

There is tea coffee water etc.. available all day in the buffet and its included in your fare.  You just go help yourself.  You can also buy your drinks as needed - you dont need a package.  The first time we bought a package we struggled to get our monies worth.  Felt I had to drink too much to make it worth while.  

Thanks, I thought I read somewhere that no drinks were available when the buffet closed so this is very good to know.  There is no way we would drink enough to cover the cost of the all inclusive drinks package so will skip that for sure.

1 hour ago, gerryuk said:

Unless its changed, coffee, tea and water is only available for free when the buffet is open, if you do not have the drinks package. 

Thanks, this is what I had heard somewhere so will get some kind of package to cover that.  Just don't need the full all inclusive.

On 3/26/2022 at 7:49 AM, gerryuk said:

Unless its changed, coffee, tea and water is only available for free when the buffet is open, if you do not have the drinks package. 

I last sailed pre covid November 2019 - things may have changed but  you were able to visit the buffet anytime even when food was not being served.  The tea and coffee was always available.  People sat inside all day playing board games etc. on sea days .... even when the staff were cleaning up.  

• 2 weeks later...

We went on our first Costa Cruise june 19 and back then the buffet was not always open. During the day they would open the buffet for coffee and cake from e.g. 4-5pm and that´s when you could get water, coffee or tea for free. It was very crowded and sometimes they would start closing and cleaning the machines at 4:45pm so there was no more free coffee or even water to be had.

You can however buy a soda or water package which is what we usually do because we also don´t drink that much.

Edited by BlueBear4Travel
  • Like 2

I am confused about Pranzo & Cena Drink package, was under the impression it includes water with lunch and dinner - but it lists "includes a selection of unlimited wines, beers and soft drinks by the glass when served with lunch and dinner" - is water considered a soft drink. If water is not included I have to increase my pre-cruise bottled water order.

• 1 month later...
On 4/13/2022 at 1:36 PM, BVILady said:

I am confused about Pranzo & Cena Drink package, was under the impression it includes water with lunch and dinner - but it lists "includes a selection of unlimited wines, beers and soft drinks by the glass when served with lunch and dinner" - is water considered a soft drink. If water is not included I have to increase my pre-cruise bottled water order.

Unlimited water (San Benedetto, still or sparkling) is included in the MDR. In the buffet, they once asked to see my card, but I did order a Pepsi in addition to a water iirc.  If you go on a world cruise, hand out a few dollar bills and they'll soon stop asking to see your card ;)

Edited by Schlinger
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...