Syd Norman's Pour House on NCL Escape?

disneywackerdh

Does anyone know if "The Pour House" on deck 8 of the Escape is the same as "Syd Norman's Pour House" on the Breakaway?  I loved this on my last cruise and would love to hear that it is on the Escape now!   Kind of doubt it is the same thing though.  Of course, this assumes that the Escape actually sails on April 2!!!

The Escape also has the District Brewhouse just down the hall. Lots of beers on tap and in bottles. Piano music at night. Also a great place to hang… if the repairs get done. 

We’ll watch for one of those “Important Information About Your Cruise” messages on Tuesday. 

Edited by BirdTravels

• 3 weeks later...

Good question, I was wondering about the same thing. I'll be on the Escape in June, but if anyone can beat me to it I would love to find out. Based on the pictures I saw it looks more like a live music venue without the Syd Norman's decor. And with the name not having Syd in it, I have doubts too. It is my most favorite spot on an NCL ship so I'm hoping it is. Those that share my Syd vibe can check out my youtube channel "Bram Seas The Day", most episodes on the NCL Getaway have Syd Norman's Pour House in them! The most bad ass bar of the seven seas! 😅

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

When I was on the Getaway in March, they had just installed the Sid Norman Pour House show that week. On Breakaway last October, it had already been running. I’ve noticed that they don’t even mention the show or the bar on Escape’s materials now. It’s just shown as a the Pour House on the deck plan. 
My guess is they are still getting the show running. Casting the singers and band, learning the songs, etc. I imagine each installation takes a while. On Breakaway and Getaway even though it’s a different cast it’s still the same show. They sing the same songs, tell the same jokes. They do Fleetwood Mac Rumors and the prom. It is a great show. Entertaining and intimate. Breakaway had a mostly European cast. Getaway was mostly American.

Edited by StopherNJ
  • Like 1

I was on the Getaway in November, and loved Syd Norman's. The band was pretty great, including their Fleetwood Mac tribute. It was good to see an actual rock band!

Unfortunately, the Pour House on the Escape is not the same. Just got off the TA NYC-Rome, and there was minimal entertainment in there (usually solo performers if anything). Definitely missed the rock and roll vibe, which doesn't exist anywhere else on the ship either. 

On the plus side, the Escape does have the District Brewhouse, with a surprisingly decent selection of beer. The 'Monk In The Trunk' red ale became a favorite of mine. 

• Like 1

Was on Getaway in Nov  and it was good in Syd's even with capacity of 60

hopeful that after 5 months it won't feel too samey.

Also hope they have got some entertainers for the Headliners,  not sure I can take Howl every night again.

This prompted me to go check out Syd Norman's videos on Youtube and I'm so glad I did.   I was really bummed that the Prima won't have a Cavern Club, but Syd Normans is a decent alternative.  The 60s - 80s rock vibe is very much my wheelhouse!!   Thanks to everyone for all the great information.  You've added a nice new thing for me to look forward to this fall!!  😄 

I hope it's back to being a true live band on the Escape when I sail her this September. This was my favorite place on the Breakaway pre-covid. We just sailed the Bliss and they hav ethe British version, but it closed the whole cruise (pretty sure it was covid) and was open before we cruised and about 2 weeks after.

• 1 year later...
53 minutes ago, stefmaia said:

Anyone yet able to confirm that The Pour House on the Escape is like the Sid Norman's on the other ships?

The seating is slightly different, but same club, same size, same location, same song inventory (classic rock, Fleetwood Mac, Prom night).

1 hour ago, stefmaia said:

Anyone yet able to confirm that The Pour House on the Escape is like the Sid Norman's on the other ships?

Please don't bump old threads. Just start a new thread if you have a question. 

Syd on the Escape is like other Breakaway Plus ships. It is not used exactly as the same as on smaller BA ships. The original question is "Is Syds the place to go for beer" and the answer is "no, you go to the District Brewhouse on the BA+ ships". 

image.thumb.png.879287d366320602468c1b7da85fd7f4.png

image.png.678d970d561411f3cb8aaf5e5fda2fe8.png

image.png.618879c996e4ddd3725fe577b1304914.png

Edited by BirdTravels

The set is the same.  I definitely prefer the seating on the Getaway over the Escape, although a band member mentioned they can fit more people in the Escape with the seats this way. 

• 3 weeks later...