Transportation from San Juan to port

AngieC

Hi Everyone! Looking for insight on prices and related information on obtaining transportation from San Juan Airport to the peir for the Royal Caribbean- Adventure of the Sea! 3/12/06

We have choose to get our own transportation rather then getting it from our travel agent. Any insight would be appricated! Thank You.

Here is my reccomendation. I rented a car for my family of 4 from Charlie car rental for 30.00. I can pick it up at the airport and return it at the Condado drop of center near the port where they will then take us to the peir free of charge for using their service. I feel it is sooooo worth it. Then you can drive around, go to dinner, etc with out all the 10.00, 12.00, 20.00 taxi ride fares adding up.

Just my 2cents worth.

This is what we are doing pre and post cruise in April.

• 2 weeks later...

To simply get from the airport to the pier --- taxi.

Car rental is not necessary and a hassle if just wanting to get from a to b.

If you are staying precruise or postcruise overnight - maybe.... traffic is interesting to say the least in San Juan (especially if you head into Old

San Juan)

There are taxis lined up at the airport and takes 2 seconds to get one.... rates are regulated so no problem there. There is a hut with an attendant and you tell him/her where you want to go - she counts your bags - you get a two part form with price on it (one goes to driver) and you keep one and off you go.

Also you will probably dock at the Pan Am pier which is not really in Condado - so why rent a car to drive 10 minutes to Condando then take a shuttle 10 more minutes to dock ???

www.langland.org/cruises/sanjuan.asp to get your bearings

• 2 weeks later...

Archived