Carnival Vista - Galveston Departure Port - Soda Beverages

bnovicke

I am currently trying to determine if I should get the bubbles package for the members of my family. I have noticed that Carnival now uses Pepsi products, which many in my family are not fans of. I also read somewhere, but can't seem to find it, that ships departing from Texas also offer Dr. Pepper. Does anyone know if Carnival Vista has Dr. Pepper on board or not? Also, if we do decide to bring on our own cans of soda, how do you all generally bring it? Put it in luggage or carry it individually? Thank you all for your help.

You can carry it on either way.  

We usually take it in in a rolling bag just to make it easier.

I have seen many people just carry the 12 packs in hand.  I remember once seeing an entire family with each of them carrying a 12 pack of different coke products. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bnovicke said:

I am currently trying to determine if I should get the bubbles package for the members of my family. I have noticed that Carnival now uses Pepsi products, which many in my family are not fans of. I also read somewhere, but can't seem to find it, that ships departing from Texas also offer Dr. Pepper. Does anyone know if Carnival Vista has Dr. Pepper on board or not? Also, if we do decide to bring on our own cans of soda, how do you all generally bring it? Put it in luggage or carry it individually? Thank you all for your help.

A rolling carry-on or wheeled duffel works great. You can combine a 12 pack for each guest as long as they're together at check-in. We drink ours, along with free lemonade/tea, and buy a few onboard if needed. I don't buy the BBubbles as I'd feel obligated to tip on every slip. Pretty sure you could buy some soda in ports, if needed.

Yes, I remember seeing Dr. Pepper cans on our Vista cruise last August. My wife is a Coke fan, so we got 2 roll on bags, and put the in there, with a bunch of other stuff. We checked our suitcases with the porter. And remember, when you reach a port of call, you can always buy a 12 pack of your favorite soda, and carry it back on the ship with you. Lots of options there. 

• 3 weeks later...

I just googled and Cruzely states that Carnival serves Dr. Pepper out of Galveston and New Orleans:
https://www.cruzely.com/which-cruise-lines-serve-which-sodas-coke-pepsi-and-more/#:~:text=Carnival offers up Coke products,Dr Pepper is also available.

This makes sense since Dr. Pepper is made in Texas and those two parts are probably where most of the Dr. Pepper drinkers sail out of.  I think that DP must be a predominately Texas thing because even when I went to Las Vegas and Rome, no one had it there...although, they do have it in the UK. 

On 3/24/2022 at 10:55 AM, bnovicke said:

OMG I didn't even realize that Carnival has switched to Pepsi. We are not fans 😞