Help with emed test kits

imola

Crazy question time about EMED tests before cruise. Has anyone ever failed an EMED test?  if so were you allowed to retake with another box in case it was a false positive? I just didnt know if they blocked you from taking another test since they have your name etc and it might be against their protocol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dl6996 said:

Crazy question time about EMED tests before cruise. Has anyone ever failed an EMED test?  if so were you allowed to retake with another box in case it was a false positive? I just didnt know if they blocked you from taking another test since they have your name etc and it might be against their protocol.

Check you tube. The guy didn’t fail but he dropped the test and had to repeat.

8 minutes ago, why2klisa said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why would you go this route and pay for a test? Can’t you go to a drug store and test for free? 

More convenient especially if you are traveling.  We did it in December,  shortly after midnight Miami time so we could get in the car that morning and start our 2 day drive to Florida.  Any appointments at the drug store would have delayed our trip by 2 hours as first appointmentwas 9:30. Will use them again before our flight to Miami and before our flight home from Amsterdam.   Cost to get a test in Amsterdam more than cost of doing emed tests.

1 hour ago, why2klisa said:

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why would you go this route and pay for a test? Can’t you go to a drug store and test for free? 

I'll be using it while I'm overseas.  I'll be using one to get onto the ship (leaving from Rome), and another on the ship to get back home (if they don't offer a free test on the ship itself.)  Also, waiting days before getting a test result is STRESSFUL!! It helps to have a fast test result to alleviate those particular travel stressors. 

Edited by kayjaypea42

1 hour ago, why2klisa said:

CVS is charging like $140 for COVID tests now…if you are getting a test to travel. If you getting a test because you suspect COVID or your doctor orders it, it’s covered by insurance. 

5 hours ago, why2klisa said:

Previously some pharmacies were running out of kits and canceling appointments.

On 3/26/2022 at 11:23 PM, imola said:

I just went to the med site to order.  I put the 6 pack in my cart.  It added the shipping and tax which brought it to over $182.00.  Then after I put in the billing information it said:

"Items in your cart legally require a medical prescription to be dispensed. Those items will be delivered to you after approval by an eMed Medical Professional."

Has anyone else has this happen?  If so is there a cost from them to get this "prescription"?  They are making it hard to do business with them. 

I just had the same thing happen for the 6 pack at Emed, although it came to $167.  I called because I was concerned as well about the "Items in your cart legally require a medical prescription to be dispensed. Those items will be delivered to you after approval by an eMed Medical Professional." but he said they do that so it's easier to send it to insurance company if you want reimbursement.

I ordered two other two packs from optum the other day (we are all flying in from different places so I'm shipping these to multiple places and did not get that statement from Optum about needing an Rx.

On 3/31/2022 at 4:59 PM, why2klisa said:

Not all areas offer the Rapid test.  We are in Northern Ca and cannot get it here.  We were told that the CVS and Walgreens here did not contract to those short result turn around tests.  So we do the home test and it works fine IF the kit is complete.  Last time one was not and had to find a place to test at the last minute but it all worked out.  You can test at some ports but last I heard San Pedro was $100.00.

25 minutes ago, imola said:

Not all areas offer the Rapid test.  We are in Northern Ca and cannot get it here.  We were told that the CVS and Walgreens here did not contract to those short result turn around tests.  So we do the home test and it works fine IF the kit is complete.  Last time one was not and had to find a place to test at the last minute but it all worked out.  You can test at some ports but last I heard San Pedro was $100.00.

To be on the safe side we ordered 2 tests for each of us. 

• Like 1