NCL DECIDED TO STRAND PEOPLE IN FLORIDA

badgerjeanne

20 hours ago, hallux said:

Even just flying down the East coast I didn't gamble and flew to Miami from Albany on Friday to board my March 19 cruise.  Could I have gotten a flight to Miami on embarkation day that would have arrived in time?  Maybe, but as it turns out with all the Spring Break traveling going on my flight from BWI to MIA was delayed due to the amount of air traffic in Florida.  Going in the day before also allowed me to select a later flight and not have to be up for a 6 AM departure (meaning being at the airport at 4 AM), and making myself dead tired by the time I'm on the ship 12 hours later.

yup best to build in a cushion and not leave things for chance.  These days my airport in Phila still has those economy lots closed and so I must get to airport next Thurs at 5am - 5:30 to get a parking spot.

Weekends are easier.

I know you’ve heard it from tons of others by now, and I am truly sad for you that you missed your cruise, but…Next time, please consider that the added cost of 1 night’s pre-cruise hotel and travel insurance would have totally saved you in this situation and would have cost a ton less than what you had to shell out for a last minute hotel in South Beach.  

• Like 2