Cruising with 3 babies

We usually book transportation that provides a car seat so that we don’t have to bring them.  Our last trip we brought our car seat since we had a few pre cruise days with a rental car and just preferred our car seat for a longer length of time.  It was a pain in the airport, but in reality we really only had to haul it through the airport before checking our bags and after picking up our bags before we got to the rental car.  The rest of the time we were using it or it was stored in the room.  If you have a junior suite, the car seat could be stored out of the way in the large closet. If you do bring your own car seat and you have multiple car seats at home, I would suggest you bring whichever one is lightest and easiest to secure in the car/van/bus.

On 3/25/2022 at 11:17 PM, joeyancho said:

I would ask grandma to babysit.    Everyone will be happier.   Just my opinion.  

Speaking as a granddad, if our kids asked Mrs. Dawg to babysit three infants on her own so their parents and I could go party around the ship, she'd be on the phone to our lawyer changing her will! Our kids and me would be cut right out of it! 

• Haha 1

A couple of other things I saw someone mention on another thread that we also used.  Bring your own fitted pack and play sheets.  They just wrap regular sheets around the pack and play mat and I prefer a tighter sheet that won’t come easily undone. Also, we bring cheap dog poop bags for dirty diapers.  They help with the odors since you won’t have a diaper pail.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grankm21 said:

A couple of other things I saw someone mention on another thread that we also used.  Bring your own fitted pack and play sheets.  They just wrap regular sheets around the pack and play mat and I prefer a tighter sheet that won’t come easily undone. Also, we bring cheap dog poop bags for dirty diapers.  They help with the odors since you won’t have a diaper pail.  

That's a good idea.  I will put it on my daughter's list for her baby. 

On 3/25/2022 at 2:03 PM, laurenliz said:

We’re planning to cruise on an Oasis class ship this fall. I’ll be traveling with my 11 month old twins and my sister will be traveling with her infant daughter. I’m looking for any tips and tricks to make this vacation go as smoothly as possible. We will be staying in separate cabins with 3 other adults (my husband, my mother and father). We’ve all cruised in the past, but never with children. It should be an adventure for sure. TIA! 

Hello I can offer some advice - we have done a few with little kids.  It is an adventure but pretty easy with a 6 month old compared to a 2 year old.   6 month, 12, 18, 2 yrs , 4yrs we’ve hit all the ages throughout the younger years. 

1.) get the biggest room you can afford (duh)

2.) bring your own pack n play mattress, or even your own pack n play.  The mattress they provide is awful.  Leave the pack n play mattress on board when you leave.  Also, the pack n plays royal provides vary in size - some big, some small.
3.) sound machine

4.) the nursery staff is wonderful and take great care of the little ones.  Use them
5.) bring extra everything (obviously)

6.) keep their routine same as home

7.) bring new toys they’ve never seen.

We traveled with our youngest daughter and her family (girls aged 1 and 3) in August out of Port Canaveral. We found a shuttle that offered carseats if you paid for the girls rides so seemed perfect. However, as time got closer the kids decided they preferred to bring their own carseats out of safety concerns. Luckily we were 4 adults to help carry them.  Also, not sure for anyone else, but we were thrilled to get those times babysitting our grands while on the cruise. They also utilized being able to hire care a few times, and were very satisfied with the childcare staff.