food on board

abqmommyof4

We ate once in the main dining room ( dinner),  Cagneys for our anniversary dinner and the buffet, because the menu hadn’t changed,   Meat wasn’t cooked as ordered and had no flavor,   Sent it back the first time because it was over cooked,   ( ordered rare and came out medium to medium well,  second time it was somewhere between medium rare and medium.

cagneys was so so,  we had complimentary dining, but was not worth what we would have been charged ala carte. 
dinner the last night in the buffet was seriously limited  .

lots of little things led to lots of disappointment 

We were in the Haven and ate most of our meals in the Haven restaurant. However, we had a meal in La Cucina and another in Teppanyaki and they were NOT good. Zero flavor. Meats not cooled properly in La Cucina and the pasta was hard - not even al

dente. It was very disappointing … 

8 hours ago, JustAPilot said:

Those 3 day cruises are booze cruises, most people probably don’t even make it for dinner, I doubt NCL is catering to a fine dining palette for 72 hours. 

It  was  what we  could  do timing wise, I understand the booze  cruise  mentality  but I still expect more than what we got.    

• Like 2

On 3/25/2022 at 2:42 PM, abqmommyof4 said:

...but  I was  expecting far better. 

1 hour ago, abqmommyof4 said:

...I still expect more than what we got.    

It is POSSIBLE, that the problem wasn't the food, but the level of expectation? What exactly did you expect from a short get-away cruise?

7 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

It is POSSIBLE, that the problem wasn't the food, but the level of expectation? What exactly did you expect from a short get-away cruise?

Better than  we  got,  I  would  equate  the food level to that of  Golden Corral, Except there wasn't that much  variety

5 minutes ago, abqmommyof4 said:

Better than  we  got,  I  would  equate  the food level to that of  Golden Corral, Except there wasn't that much  variety

Perhaps steering clear of buffets (on, and obviously, off ship) might help. You can't expect (there is that word again) epicuran experiences from a buffet.

53 minutes ago, abqmommyof4 said:

I shouldn't have  to pay  more  for  good  food

I did not tell you to pay more for good food.

I mean instead of Cagney's - you can go to these other restaurants next time.

Especially if you are a platinum and using your certificate. 

And the Local Bar & Grill is free.

On Gem, it called the O'Sheehan's Bar & Grill.

https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/sky/whats-on-board

Next time, please check out what's on board for whatever cruise ship you go on.

NCL, Royal, etc.

I would never expect more than glorified wedding food from an MDR or a buffet. We just got off the Dawn and ate at the specialty restaurants for dinner and found them very, very good. The suites restaurant for breakfast and lunch was amazing. The rueben at O’Sheehans was better than any O’Sheehans rueben I’ve had in the last 5 years.