What Proctored Tests Have Canadians Been Using For Boarding?

ceilidh1

We are flying to Barcelona in May.  I am really confused about requirements to fly and then when to do the video test while in Spain.    So, help me here!  We take our box of freebie tests (rapid response) with us and do a video call to do the test a couple days before?

Update: did my Azova proctored video rapid test using rapid response test. So frigging easy. 2am we hopped online and immediately got representative to observe test.  Watched us swab nose and put in buffering solution and then drop 4 drops in the test. Told us to set timer for 15 minutes and take picture of results and upload in azova app. 

After uploading picture of results, had report 5 minutes later. I would definitely use them again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sjmmclark said:

Update: did my Azova proctored video rapid test using rapid response test. So frigging easy. 2am we hopped online and immediately got representative to observe test.  Watched us swab nose and put in buffering solution and then drop 4 drops in the test. Told us to set timer for 15 minutes and take picture of results and upload in azova app. 

After uploading picture of results, had report 5 minutes later. I would definitely use them again. 

Thanks for the update, very much appreciate first hand experience passed on. We are using them May 1. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2022 at 8:27 AM, Sjmmclark said:

Thanks for sharing.

Any issues boarding your cruise? What cruise line?

I’m considering using Azova with the rapid response green box tests but I’m really nervous about it. I haven’t really heard much about people using this option besides those of you who have recently mentioned booking them.   My plan was booking Shoppers & Walmart. However Walmart seems to have few appointments available lately with none on May 5th when I need one. Also my local shoppers told me yesterday they wouldn’t do the testing. I’m getting really nervous!

3 hours ago, tropical83 said:

Thanks for sharing.

Any issues boarding your cruise? What cruise line?

I’m considering using Azova with the rapid response green box tests but I’m really nervous about it. I haven’t really heard much about people using this option besides those of you who have recently mentioned booking them.   My plan was booking Shoppers & Walmart. However Walmart seems to have few appointments available lately with none on May 5th when I need one. Also my local shoppers told me yesterday they wouldn’t do the testing. I’m getting really nervous!

I feel for you . I totally understand and share your anxiety . I’m going to be using Azova now for Vancouver cruise departure April 27 . I’m going to bring extra rapid tests and give it the best try . If there’s a problem, I’m sure Holland America will assist us and there’s testing at the cruise port, but expensive . I’m feeling better seeing the positive posts here on Azova . Plus my airline West Jet recommended them . 
There’s only so much damage control one can do . Hopefully we arrive at the cruise port Covid negative. That’s a whole other rabbit hole . 
First World problems my kids keep telling me . 

• Like 1

Hey folks, currently on board Oasis of the Seas!  We did our rapid tests using Azova  tele-services for our flights into the US on Thursday and used the same services for testing for cruise today. No issues with either testing days and no issues with Royal accepting same!  Wouldn’t hesitate to use Azova again! 

Edited by Tink010
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Tink010 said:

Hey folks, currently on board Oasis of the Seas!  We did our rapid tests using Azova  tele-services for our flights into the US on Thursday and used the same services for testing for cruise today. No issues with either testing days and no issues with Royal accepting same!  Wouldn’t hesitate to use Azova again! 

Thanks for the post! Have fun!  Which test kit did you use with the Azova tele-service?

3 hours ago, shirley valentine said:

I feel for you . I totally understand and share your anxiety . I’m going to be using Azova now for Vancouver cruise departure April 27 . I’m going to bring extra rapid tests and give it the best try . If there’s a problem, I’m sure Holland America will assist us and there’s testing at the cruise port, but expensive . I’m feeling better seeing the positive posts here on Azova . Plus my airline West Jet recommended them . 
There’s only so much damage control one can do . Hopefully we arrive at the cruise port Covid negative. That’s a whole other rabbit hole . 
First World problems my kids keep telling me . 

Good luck and I hope you have a great cruise!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 6:27 AM, Sjmmclark said:

Just wondering - if two people are testing with Azova - do we need 2 separate accounts with 2 separate emails. Thanks

9 hours ago, dukev said:

Just wondering - if two people are testing with Azova - do we need 2 separate accounts with 2 separate emails. Thanks

Haven’t done the test yet but rep said to set up an account for each adult but when doing the first test tell the proctor you have another appointment and you can do it immediately following on same device. We have appointments May 1. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dukev said:

Two accounts but one appointment, if that makes sense. 

@Princess Fi described it better in the post above mine 

Edited by cmich068

I just wanted to jump in to say how much I appreciate this thread and the people posting here about their experiences. We are planning a cruise next winter and I have already been stressing out about testing requirements coming from Canada and cruising out of Florida - all of the information you are providing has truly put my mind at ease that we will be able to figure this out!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Princess Fi said:

Haven’t done the test yet but rep said to set up an account for each adult but when doing the first test tell the proctor you have another appointment and you can do it immediately following on same device. We have appointments May 1. 

So when you first booked it, you booked 2 appointments? Same time slot or different?

3 minutes ago, MouseGirl said:

I just wanted to jump in to say how much I appreciate this thread and the people posting here about their experiences. We are planning a cruise next winter and I have already been stressing out about testing requirements coming from Canada and cruising out of Florida - all of the information you are providing has truly put my mind at ease that we will be able to figure this out!

Hopefully by then we won't need any tests 😎

2 hours ago, tropical83 said:

So when you first booked it, you booked 2 appointments? Same time slot or different?

We booked basically 4 minutes apart different appointments but I don’t think it matters. We both have the apps on our phones. Will take the green box tests as very little testing options in San Diego. 

1 hour ago, Princess Fi said:

We booked basically 4 minutes apart different appointments but I don’t think it matters. We both have the apps on our phones. Will take the green box tests as very little testing options in San Diego. 

Thanks. When you say green box tests, I assume its the Rapid Response tests?

At this point I think I am going to book Azova as well. Walmart and Shoppers can't get their stories straight and I can't rely on them. Still nervous though with the lack of reports of people using these specific tests to get on their cruise.

1 minute ago, tropical83 said:

Thanks. When you say green box tests, I assume its the Rapid Response tests?

At this point I think I am going to book Azova as well. Walmart and Shoppers can't get their stories straight and I can't rely on them. Still nervous though with the lack of reports of people using these specific tests to get on their cruise.

What story straight ? 

4 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

What story straight ? 

I've posted in a few different topics on this forum about this. 

For example, Shoppers allows me to book appointments online for May 5th when I need my test. I stopped in at Shoppers the other day for my prescription and mentioned it to the pharmacist. He told me no that they wouldn't do the testing. He argued with me when I said but I can book an appointment online for this store. He said that doesn't matter, they wouldn't do the test. 

As for Walmart, there are no appointments online lately. I called the Walmart pharmacy last week and the pharmacy associate I spoke to said not to worry about booking online just walk in. My husband stopped in there today and the pharmacist told him no walk ins, and to keep checking if appointments open up. He said that only select staff members will do the testing and it depends what days they work. 

So I don't know if its just something about these places in my city or not but I definitely don't feel comfortable relying on them for testing at this point.

1 hour ago, tropical83 said:

I've posted in a few different topics on this forum about this. 

For example, Shoppers allows me to book appointments online for May 5th when I need my test. I stopped in at Shoppers the other day for my prescription and mentioned it to the pharmacist. He told me no that they wouldn't do the testing. He argued with me when I said but I can book an appointment online for this store. He said that doesn't matter, they wouldn't do the test. 

As for Walmart, there are no appointments online lately. I called the Walmart pharmacy last week and the pharmacy associate I spoke to said not to worry about booking online just walk in. My husband stopped in there today and the pharmacist told him no walk ins, and to keep checking if appointments open up. He said that only select staff members will do the testing and it depends what days they work. 

So I don't know if its just something about these places in my city or not but I definitely don't feel comfortable relying on them for testing at this point.

I guess I don’t read your post often😁

our local Walmart has never done any testing , and our local Shoppers does 

all we know is you are somewhere in Ontario , it is a big place 

Edited by Airbalancer

3 minutes ago, Airbalancer said:

I guess I don’t read your post often😁

our local Walmart has never done any testing , and our local Shoppers does 

all we know is you are somewhere in Ontario , it is a big place 

lol its ok, I didn't mean it like that. 

I'm in Windsor!