Panorama Cabin 8467 closet question …

Markmom18

Hi,

I was looking on You Tube at our cabin on the Panorama.  From the 2 videos I watched it appears there is one total closet. One half is for hanging clothes. The other side has 3 shelves and perhaps the safe inside a cupboard?? Then I read a description somewhere else … 3 closets … and “a walk-in closet”. I’m confused!  

The video of that one closet is certainly not enough for 2 people.  I guess it makes no difference now, we cruise tomorrow. I should have looked for this after I agreed to the Upsell … 😕

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

I just stayed in 8467 on the Panorama last month. It’s a great room, you’ll love it. Take good care of her!

The wardrobe area has 3 doors. Behind door 1 is a bar with hangers. Behind door 2 is another bar with hangers, but there is an optional shelf you can lay down half way to lay things on, which then creates two levels for hanging clothes. Behind door 3 are some shelves and drawers.

I would in no way call this a walk in closet but I found it did provide more than ample space for a week.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alegeeter said:

I just stayed in 8467 on the Panorama last month. It’s a great room, you’ll love it. Take good care of her!

The wardrobe area has 3 doors. Behind door 1 is a bar with hangers. Behind door 2 is another bar with hangers, but there is an optional shelf you can lay down half way to lay things on, which then creates two levels for hanging clothes. Behind door 3 are some shelves and drawers.

I would in no way call this a walk in closet but I found it did provide more than ample space for a week.

Hi,

Thank you for replying.  We boarded today. 

I ❤️❤️ the Balcony.  

I’m partial to the set up in a ‘regular’ Deck 7 Balcony.
In those cabins, there are 3 distinct closets, 2 for hanging clothing. And then the closet that has the safe and shelves.  My husband would take 1 closet and me the other.  Plus, we have the drawers and long desk area. Plenty of room for everything plus souvenirs.

THIS cabin set up (as I’m looking right it) has ONLY 1 closet (with 2 doors) It’s a free standing closet … meaning it is not built into the room. There is ONLY one area for hanging clothes. Just my clothes take up the whole small space.

I asked our Cabin Attendant where the other closets were — the other 2??  There are no other closets was his reply., “only the one”. Our Cabin Attendants name is Arya.

So, you have the hanging clothes side. And on the other side of the divider (with 2nd door) —  is the area with the 3 drawers and shelves.

There is no way you’re taking out that shelf to hang up a bar. It’s just part of the unit.  So, not sure what you are referring to …

Below is a cabinet case that surrounds the safe.  Below that are the 3 drawers. 

We have the beds set up as Twins. Odd placement. One bed is flush on the side of wall under the windows . The other bed is facing the cabin door/wall. Bathroom door very close to the head of the bed & door to Balcony.

A little space with a tiny oval coffe table, a giant painting right above it, and a giant flat screen TV next to that painting. I’d say 2 - 3 feet from the side & the end of each twin bed.

The Vanity area? 🤣 At the end of the bed next to the window. A tiny desk, with shallow drawer that holds the hairdryer. This is stuck in this odd dark corner, in the dark. The fridge is here also.   The cabin ends there, that’s the view as you lay in one bed. 

For anyone considering this ‘deluxe’ experience ….. I would suggest going to YouTube to view the set up of this cabin. Compare it to the set up of the regular Balcony.

Look for Cabin 8467 on the Panorama …  It IS accurate. 😒 There just is simply not enough closet or storage space.  The triangle shape of the room is tiny ( the space)  just the ascetics are very unappealing.

Our son, Mark who worked onboard previously, laughs that this cabin said its tiny as his shared Crew Quarters Cabin. 

Ya probably guessed that we do NOT love this Cabin, and will not be booking it ever again!! 😳

And I paid $500 more from a Carnival Rep’s UPSELL phone call this month.

This cabin IS a Havana Cabin, with full access to the Havana Pool. So, that and the Balcony are the positive points. 🙂

🛳🛳

Bobbi

Edited by Markmom18

16 hours ago, Markmom18 said:

THIS cabin set up (as I’m looking right it) has ONLY 1 closet (with 2 doors) It’s a free standing closet … meaning it is not built into the room. There is ONLY one area for hanging clothes. Just my clothes take up the whole small space.

You must have a lot of clothes.  How long is this cruise?     My wife and I can do a 10 day cruise with a carryon each.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Woody14 said:

You must have a lot of clothes.  How long is this cruise?     My wife and I can do a 10 day cruise with a carryon each.

Everybody packs different. Thanks for the concern.

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

That room has a mechanical access panel to the left of the existing Armoire. There is room for an additional hanging closet. There is no reason that panel could not be inside a third compartment of the Armoire. 

All things considered, you have to love the balcony.

• Thanks 1

On 3/27/2022 at 12:20 AM, Markmom18 said:

There is no way you’re taking out that shelf to hang up a bar. It’s just part of the unit.  So, not sure what you are referring to …

My apologies - this was NOT the room I had!

the one I had was the aft extended and it was just like a regular balcony cabin set up. Yes, I agree with the above posters, the upcharge is for the Havana access and amazing wrap balcony! Try to take advantage of that and enjoy the cruise!

Edited by Alegeeter
  • Like 1