Azamara booster requirements

uktog

These guidelines don't work any better for US citizens. Boosters in the US weren't approved until at least 9 months after original vaccines were available. Why is it a minimum time for the Pfizer booster but for the other boosters it is not? We got the vaccine that was available in our rural county when we got our vaccines last February and March.

I think the timing concerns expressed here (while understandable) are misplaced.   The phrasing of the page is awkward, but my interpretation of the intent behind the page is that if you are currently eligible for a booster shot, it is now required for boarding.  The X-Y months timeframes are just recognizing that different countries had different phase-ins for boosters.

The Moderna booster after Pfizer initial vaccine is a little more concerning, but probably just an incomplete entry.  I'd point them to this US CDC page - CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots  

• Like 4

7 hours ago, curmudgeon98 said:

I think the timing concerns expressed here (while understandable) are misplaced.   The phrasing of the page is awkward, but my interpretation of the intent behind the page is that if you are currently eligible for a booster shot, it is now required for boarding.  The X-Y months timeframes are just recognizing that different countries had different phase-ins for boosters.

The Moderna booster after Pfizer initial vaccine is a little more concerning, but probably just an incomplete entry.  I'd point them to this US CDC page - CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shots  

Thanks we’ve already pointed them in that direction and also advised them that their current rules have a huge impact on many UK guests particularly those over 70 who were given their first two doses in hospital clinic settings early in the campaign when Pfizer was the norm in many units but by booster time it was in mass centres where Pfizer was not. 
We await the update with interest 

I just can't see someone at Azamara check in looking  at the dates and combination of vaccines and working it all out. I bet they see the three doses and the word booster and that is it. We are flying to Barcelona on Thursday boarding on Saturday and will just hope it all works out. 

• Like 8

I now interpret the timing for the booster should say "After a minimum of" in front of all time limits. The following is from the FAQs on the Azamara website and adds some clarity to the table.

• Am I required to be vaccinated and have my booster shot for COVID-19 to sail on Azamara?

As of March 1, 2022, all guests 5 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated. Azamara will require vaccine eligible guests to be fully vaccinated with all initial doses administered at least 14 days prior to sailing. We also require that fully vaccinated guests get a booster dose when they become eligible to do.

Vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the European Medicines Agency are accepted. Please be aware that certain countries we sail from or visit during a voyage may require a specific vaccine, and only those travelers vaccinated with the requisite vaccine will be considered fully vaccinated. Be sure to review your departure country's requirements or consult our guest materials prior to sailing for these requirements. Below you will find the list of approved vaccines: 

• Pfizer-BioNtech (Comirnaty)

• Moderna

• Oxford/AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria) 

• Johnson & Johnson (Jansen)

Guests with a mixed series of any two of the following vaccines above taken within a minimum of 28 days between doses, will also be considered fully vaccinated. To comply with this requirement, documentation of full vaccination must be provided at the terminal as a condition for boarding Azamara will not accept any form of Certificate of Recovery.

• Will I be considered fully vaccinated if my first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is from one manufacturer and the second dose is from another?

We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different manufacturers, as long as your vaccine series meets the following requirements:

• Must consist of at least two doses of vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the European Medicines Agency.
      • The two doses must be administered at least 28 days apart*

The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing. Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call. Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore.

• If I lost my original vaccination card, but am able to show electronic proof of vaccination on a government sponsored site/app, will that be accepted as proof of vaccination?
    • What is Azamara’s policy on boosters?

We strongly recommend that all fully vaccinated guests receive a booster dose when they become eligible to do so. Crew members receive a booster shot as they become eligible (six months after their last vaccination dose). Starting March 1, all guests will be required to have their booster shot in order to sail.  

• Like 1

So it’s ok for crew members to have their booster 6 months or more after their second shot, but I as a passenger have got to have it 3-6 months, when they weren’t even giving them out then!!.

Just checked mine was 6 months and 5 days for the booster.

This table on their website is causing a lot of stress. They will lose many passengers if they are not careful.

Here in the US there is talk about offering a second booster to over-50's soon.  But there is also expectation that there may be an updated version of the vaccine for the fall (similar to the yearly flu shot thing).  

With a month of cruise and land travel planned in May-June, I'm not sure if we'll try to get yet another shot before we go or not.  

1 hour ago, Tuscany4 said:

So it’s ok for crew members to have their booster 6 months or more after their second shot, but I as a passenger have got to have it 3-6 months, when they weren’t even giving them out then!!.

Just checked mine was 6 months and 5 days for the booster.

This table on their website is causing a lot of stress. They will lose many passengers if they are not careful.

The page  "as read above in "Pirate Wife" s post - does not give a time for boosters - only states that you must have it "when eligible" .

I think far too many people are being too literal and getting upset over nothing.  As long as you are vaccinated and boosted I'm sure there will not be a problem for boarding - the problem will arise in the countries you are visiting - their requirements will previal as in the following information from Azamara. 

• Will I be considered fully vaccinated if my first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine is from one manufacturer and the second dose is from another?

We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different manufacturers, as long as your vaccine series meets the following requirements:

• Must consist of at least two doses of vaccines that are fully approved or authorized for emergency use by the U.S. FDA or the European Medicines Agency.

The final dose must be completed at least 14 days before sailing. Mixed vaccines may not be accepted at all ports of call. Guests who are vaccinated with a mixed series may not be allowed to go ashore at these ports, or may need to undergo additional testing if they wish to go ashore.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Janet&Carl said:

The page  "as read above in "Pirate Wife" s post - does not give a time for boosters - only states that you must have it "when eligible" .

I think far too many people are being too literal and getting upset over nothing.  As long as you are vaccinated and boosted I'm sure there will not be a problem for boarding - the problem will arise in the countries you are visiting - their requirements will previal as in the following information from Azamara. 

I agree with you. I think the table is a little misleading & it’s better to read the wording in the FAQs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandma Cruising said:

I agree with you. I think the table is a little misleading & it’s better to read the wording in the FAQs.

Unfortunately the area that gives us concern - the type as opposed to timing of vaccine is not able to be interpreted via the FAQs and the table is very clear, Pfizer 1 and 2 has to have Pfizer booster.  

3 hours ago, uktog said:

Unfortunately the area that gives us concern - the type as opposed to timing of vaccine is not able to be interpreted via the FAQs and the table is very clear, Pfizer 1 and 2 has to have Pfizer booster.  

Does the following not make it clear they accept mixed vaccines so long as there are two that are approved by the FDA or EU.

“We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different manufacturers, as long as your vaccine series meets the following requirements:

• The two doses must be administered at least 28 days apart*

The final dose must be completed at least 14 daysbefore sailing.”

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Grandma Cruising said:

Does the following not make it clear they accept mixed vaccines so long as there are two that are approved by the FDA or EU.

“We accept a mixed vaccination series consisting of doses from different manufacturers, as long as your vaccine series meets the following requirements:

But that seems to be a hangover from when fully vaccinated was just two doses as it doesn’t specifically say booster dose.

Reports on FB are saying there’s been no problem boarding with mixed doses, I understand the concern and although the table says it’s guidelines it’s a risk some jobs worth taking as definitive.

To me it looks as if it’s been compiled without care and/or knowledge, the whole page needs to be tidied up to eliminate the current anxiety.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, uktog said:

I now have written clarification the TYPE of booster does not matter 

So, - Are they going to change the guidelines on their web site, or risk more misunderstandings that might lead to more cancellations and fewer bookings????

6 minutes ago, oddjob16 said:

So, - Are they going to change the guidelines on their web site, or risk more misunderstandings that might lead to more cancellations and fewer bookings????

Indeed, Riocca is right it was when we read about boarding issues we wanted to get things checked but will be clinging on to this email should we find a jobsworth at the pier.  Others may also wish to copy this.

We had spoken on the 26th about the booster guidelines on our website. I have confirmed with management that the type of booster given does not matter, so you are all set for your cruise! If you have any more questions, please feel free to call us back.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Ashlyn Henrickson

Azamara Reservations

UK Reservations Assistance:  0344.493.4016

Reservations Assistance:  855.292.6272

Email: ahenrickson@azamara.com

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, B17 said:

I am pretty sure I saw that table too, but then I found another one relative to UK.  I am pretty sure that one you are looking at is aimed at US pax

But its on the UK website

8 minutes ago, uktog said:

But its on the UK website

Sorry yes, I was getting confused as I know the one aimed specifically at US was not the same but is there/could there be a problem?  We had AZ for 1 & 2 and a Moderna booster

6 minutes ago, B17 said:

Sorry yes, I was getting confused as I know the one aimed specifically at US was not the same but is there/could there be a problem?  We had AZ for 1 & 2 and a Moderna booster

Based on the email I have had no problem it says" I have confirmed with management that the type of booster given does not matter"

• Like 1

They need to get rid of the table.

On Seabourn site it says any combo of FDA , EMA or WHO approved vaccine or booster. They have kept it simple.

Azamara seem to have tried to over complicate this.

Their table still says if you have had 2 AstraZeneca doses the booster should be within 3-6 months which was originally impossible in the U.K.

Eventually the government reduced it to less than 6 months.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, B17 said:

I am pretty sure I saw that table too, but then I found another one relative to UK.  I am pretty sure that one you are looking at is aimed at US pax

The US website has the same table. No difference.

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

The getting 2 doses 28 days apart is also an issue. When I got mine they were scheduled 3 weeks apart. It is concerning that if we have simply complied with what the government currently offers, we may not fit into their category of fully vaccinated.

30 minutes ago, Riocca said:

Azamara have responded quickly and the guidelines  have been updated, still showing the vague booster dates though.

5C588C0F-8D4D-4E1D-80EE-9A0C01E807F6.thumb.jpeg.4233b3400411d5ca14d1157febae7afe.jpeg

I was told they had been inundated with calls today about it so I am sure they were very keen to make a change as soon as they could

• Like 1