Proctored Tests/Certificate of Recovery

Julma

16 minutes ago, Julma said:

Has anyone been able to get a certificate of recovery from a company that performed an at home, proctored test?

Your doctor would need to provide a certificate of recovery.

Since Binex provides you with a proctored, lab generated result, I thought if you received a positive result, they may have med staff that would provide a certificate of recovery, rather than having to bring their results to your doctor.  It's getting tougher to find tests sites around me and I live in a major city, where you could find a test on every corner a few weeks ago.  There are online places charging from 50-150 $s for certificates of recovery.  Seems like it would make sense for the labs doing the proctored at home tests to provide them as well, for a fee of course.  Just trying to save a step.

You would have to be doing an at home PCR test (which is less common and more expensive) than the more widely available Binax NOW home test which is an antigen test. To use a certificate of recovery it specifically mentions you have to provide a positive PCR test result. 

1 hour ago, Julma said:

Since Binex provides you with a proctored, lab generated result, I thought if you received a positive result, they may have med staff that would provide a certificate of recovery, rather than having to bring their results to your doctor.  It's getting tougher to find tests sites around me and I live in a major city, where you could find a test on every corner a few weeks ago.  There are online places charging from 50-150 $s for certificates of recovery.  Seems like it would make sense for the labs doing the proctored at home tests to provide them as well, for a fee of course.  Just trying to save a step.

If the first time you test positive is within the 2-day testing window prior to your sailing, a Certificate of Recovery is not an option.