Spirit or Splendor to Alaska?

ItsADryHumor

My cruise got moved from Freedom to Splendor.
At first I was irritated. Then I got to thinking how rarely people in the USA get to travel on Splendor. It is typically based out of Australia, with an onboard restaurant that is the only one of it's kind (Marsala Tiger Indian food). I am not an Indian food connoisseur, but still, it is unique.
And the decor - delighfully tacky pink frosted donuts!!
Check out both ships, what they offer, and make your decision. I have never been on either, but am taking this opportunity to travel on Splendor!!

• Like 2

If you are on Splendor early in the Alaska season, you might be lucky enough to have Alter Idem as your Red Frog band. They are signing off Carnival Legend tomorrow and taking a quick vacation before a two month contract on the Splendor. They are amazing, and are one of the reasons I decided to repeat the Legend sailing out of Baltimore just 3 mo the later. 

• Like 1

I would pick Splendor in a second; have cruised her multiple times including 25 days to Singapore.  She is the only ship that has the retractable roof over the Dive In Movie screen and the main lido pool.  So that would be a huge plus to cruising Alaska where weather can be iffy.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to sail the Splendor before it left to Australia. I have to say love the ship because how different it is, and if your a big Spa person it has some extra thing you only find on the Dream class.  I would pick splendor just for that if I was doing Alaska cruise this year. Get a Private SPA treatment room while the teens are playing. 

6 hours ago, Host Carolyn said:

The ship with better itinerary and port times. Alaska is all about the destination not the ship imho.

Totally agree. Cruising to a glacier is special and required for me to cruise to Alaska.