Another coffee card question

Cruzingal#9

I have looked and cannot seem to find an answer to my question on a coffee card.  Does anyone know if a blended coffee drink (frappe.) requires one punch or two punches off the 15 punch coffee card?  On Royal Caribbean a blended coffee drink required 2 punches.  For a 7 day cruise that was fine, but we are booked on the July 7th 16 day Hawaii cruise and I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to get two punch cards or if one will be the perfect amount.

1 minute ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

I have looked and cannot seem to find an answer to my question on a coffee card.  Does anyone know if a blended coffee drink (frappe.) requires one punch or two punches off the 15 punch coffee card?  On Royal Caribbean a blended coffee drink required 2 punches.  For a 7 day cruise that was fine, but we are booked on the July 7th 16 day Hawaii cruise and I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to get two punch cards or if one will be the perfect amount.

Confused here. I just paid for the 15 Specialty Coffee package.  I did not see a coffee card offered.

@Cruzingal#9 and @007colocruzthere isn't a coffee card anymore. It's the coffee pkg loaded onto your medallion. Each specialty coffee / tea (ie: chai) / frappe drink uses 1 credit (regular & large count the same .... large latte fills regular cup twice). Drip coffee, tea pot, cocoa are no charge. 

Enjoy!! 

Edited by Ombud

Just now, Cruzingal#9 said:

That's what I meant; the 15 Speciality Coffee package.  You get 15 Specialty coffee's for the package price.

Exactly. I order the large latte with lid & a glass latte cup. Which is why I know it fills it twice.

Back to your question: you could ostensibly get 15 frappes with whip cream. I like the caramel one. But have requested an extra shot vanilla one with caramel drizzle. Not on menu so I talk the barrista through it 

1 minute ago, Ombud said:

@Cruzingal#9 and @007colocruzthere isn't a coffee card anymore. It's the coffee pkg. Each specialty coffee / tea (ie: chai) / frappe drink uses 1 credit (regular & large count the same .... large latte fills regular cup twice). Drip coffee, tea pot, cocoa are no charge. 

Enjoy!! 

Thank you!  We were just on the Majestic a few weeks ago, but had the big drink package included so I never paid any attention.  This next cruise we are getting the Soda and More package and it does not include the specialty coffee's.  I enjoy a frappe every morning, so am getting the 15 coffee package as well and just wanted to make sure I would be able to get a frappe for 15 mornings.

• Like 1

Did you notice Bottled Water Package $7.08 for 12 (500 ml) bottles? That's the same cost as 2-3 bottles onboard. Frankly I use my refillable water bottle but if I was to buy water onboard ....

2 hours ago, Cruzingal#9 said:

Thank you!  We were just on the Majestic a few weeks ago, but had the big drink package included so I never paid any attention.  This next cruise we are getting the Soda and More package and it does not include the specialty coffee's.  I enjoy a frappe every morning, so am getting the 15 coffee package as well and just wanted to make sure I would be able to get a frappe for 15 mornings.

There is also a package with the soda and more plus coffee. Don't know if you saw it, runs about $12 more a day. I need my coffee and sodas 🤣

A little off topic but related to the coffee package... I just got off the Grand and whenever I ordered brewed  coffee on the app to be delivered to the room, it "charged" my coffee package as though they were specialty coffees. I couldn't figure out why my punches dropped down to 7 after a couple of days when I had used only one for an iced mocha.   No one could tell me, including passenger services. They said it must have been a glitch and loaded on another coffee package to make up for it. 

But then it happened again, and after I insisted that the only place I was ordering coffee was delivery on the app, passenger services called room service to ask. They said to phone in my order instead of using the app and it wouldn't happen.  Room service knew about the issue but the front desk didn't. And it wasn't just me because I overheard another passenger complaining to the desk about the same thing. 

The only thing I can figure is that although dh and I both had coffee packages, I would just order for the both of us, 2 cups each. Maybe since brewed coffee is for the package holder only, the app is programmed to "charge" when it thinks you're ordering too much to be consumed yourself. Even though brewed coffee is unlimited, the app might limit how many you can order for free at once. This thought didn't occur to me until after we got off so I never had a chance to ask.

• Like 1