Covid testing- do the results have a time on them or just a date?

TT81

Hi all,

This is a little confusing but we are booked to cruise on the POA in Hawaii in a couple of weeks and just trying to figure out if we will need to get another covid test. The situation is that we fly from Australia to Honolulu on the Thursday before boarding, we need to get tested Thursday morning Australia time to enter the US and I know we need to get tested in the 2 days before boarding the ship, which is Thursday. Because of the time difference Thursday morning on the east coast of Oz is Wednesday afternoon in Hawaii so I'm just trying to figure out if the test we get done in Australia will be accepted as being within 2 days or if we need to figure out testing in Honolulu.

Thanks for any help

13 minutes ago, TT81 said:

Hi all,

This is a little confusing but we are booked to cruise on the POA in Hawaii in a couple of weeks and just trying to figure out if we will need to get another covid test. The situation is that we fly from Australia to Honolulu on the Thursday before boarding, we need to get tested Thursday morning Australia time to enter the US and I know we need to get tested in the 2 days before boarding the ship, which is Thursday. Because of the time difference Thursday morning on the east coast of Oz is Wednesday afternoon in Hawaii so I'm just trying to figure out if the test we get done in Australia will be accepted as being within 2 days or if we need to figure out testing in Honolulu.

Thanks for any help

Please refer to the testing information sent to you directly from NCL versus random responses from Cruise Critic members (which tend to be wrong 50%+ of the time).

RANDOM RESPONSE

NCL: https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

At time of check-in, all guests will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or PCR test result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test within two days prior to embarkation date for cruises originating in a U.S. port and within three days prior for voyages departing from a non-U.S. port. Guests must bring digital or printed proof of negative test results. If a guest is unable to provide proof of a negative result at the time of embarkation, testing will be available at the terminal at the guest’s expense. Test results need to be in English and include the following information:

• Your name, which should match the name on your travel documents
  • Your date of birth
  • The result of the test
  • The date the test sample was collected
  • The name of the test provider
  • Confirmation of the type of test provided
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a stupid question,  when you have a pcr test done when does the clock start.  i am leaving for a ncl cruise  may 30 flying into vancover on the 29th.  i will spend 1 nite in canada before boarding the ship the next day.  do i count the day of the test or when i receive the results if it takes 1 or 2 days to get the results.  thanks

44 minutes ago, tantara69 said:

I have a stupid question,  when you have a pcr test done when does the clock start.  i am leaving for a ncl cruise  may 30 flying into vancover on the 29th.  i will spend 1 nite in canada before boarding the ship the next day.  do i count the day of the test or when i receive the results if it takes 1 or 2 days to get the results.  thanks

here is what is mentioned on the NCL website.  follow this link for more info 

image.png.5fd6d2769a2f3ae7f54dab0c84fb2a62.png

• Like 1

On 3/27/2022 at 10:19 AM, Iwantsun said:

here is what is mentioned on the NCL website.  follow this link for more info 

image.png.5fd6d2769a2f3ae7f54dab0c84fb2a62.png

The time of day you have it done, doesn't matter as long as it is 2 days before your cruise.  So as the list above shows if you depart on a Sunday from a US port, you need to test of Friday (anytime that day).