Voyager to hades.

TomTN

47 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

I haven't read through any of our travel contracts with Regent lately but I'm reasonably confident there's no mention of "an unrivalled experience" in their contract.  We shouldn't confuse marketing buzzwords with contract deliverables.

In fact, the contract would be a good place to start if you really want to pursue complaints.  I don't think that the contract specifies actual dining times or food temperatures...and although those factors would definitely contribute to "an unrivalled experience" I don't think they're legally enforceable.

But I'm not a lawyer, so...

I chime in only on the above point, to offer a more complete picture. It is fraught to attempt legal advice, since people are in various jurisdictions, with different laws which apply. This is thus not legal advice. I simply point out that "representations", whether in writing (promotional materials, etc.) or oral, may, in certain circumstances and jurisdictions, have impact and consequences. Consumer protection laws also likely have impact. As to how enforceable is a multi-paged non-negotiable contract, concepts such as "unconscionability" may or may not come into play, again, depending on local law and what applies.

By all means, the cruise contract is very important. But, arguably, it is not the only thing to be considered.

Hopefully folks who were aggrieved can solve their problems through their travel agent or customer service, in an amicable fashion. If not, folks can consider obtaining local legal advice as to what options may or may not be viable and cost-effective. 

On 4/18/2022 at 1:02 PM, papaflamingo said:

I believe any compensation for inconvenience across the cruise industry is FCC not cash.   Sadly cruising, just like any other vacation, is a "live and learn" situation.  If you fly on a specific airline, and hate it, you don't get compensation, you get "miles."  If you book a hotel and it's substandard, you don't get compensation, you get "points."  It is how it works.  There is no obligation at all for any cruise line to give any compensation for "non-enjoyment."  

This cruise was not ' non enjoyment ' to be blunt, they took peoples money under false pretences and did not deliver what we paid for!!  

18 hours ago, gollane said:

This cruise was not ' non enjoyment ' to be blunt, they took peoples money under false pretences and did not deliver what we paid for!!  

"They took peoples money under false pretences" is pretty harsh.  It indicates that you believe Regent knew the experience would not deliver and intentionally lied and duped you.  Pretty sure that isn't the case.  Pretty sure they expected things to go well.

When you're talking about speed of service, quality of food, which seems to be the case, it would be VERY hard to prove that case.  I'm not in any way suggesting that Regent delivered the experience you were expecting, I'm only saying that both service and food are quite subjective.  I may find a 2 hour dinner experience as "relaxing and stylish" while you find it exceptionally long and unacceptable.  I may find the quality of food on point while you find it inedible.   That's my only point. 

By all comments it was not a successful cruise and following cruises since, they have pretty much solved all the issues.  That, as I said before, is EXACTLY why I won't travel on a ship "right out of the box."   

But again, in my experience following reviews, etc. for years here, all cruise lines compensate with FCC for issues that does not cancel the cruise. 

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 3

On 4/25/2022 at 5:58 AM, papaflamingo said:

"They took peoples money under false pretences" is pretty harsh.  It indicates that you believe Regent knew the experience would not deliver and intentionally lied and duped you.  Pretty sure that isn't the case.  Pretty sure they expected things to go well.

When you're talking about speed of service, quality of food, which seems to be the case, it would be VERY hard to prove that case.  I'm not in any way suggesting that Regent delivered the experience you were expecting, I'm only saying that both service and food are quite subjective.  I may find a 2 hour dinner experience as "relaxing and stylish" while you find it exceptionally long and unacceptable.  I may find the quality of food on point while you find it inedible.   That's my only point. 

By all comments it was not a successful cruise and following cruises since, they have pretty much solved all the issues.  That, as I said before, is EXACTLY why I won't travel on a ship "right out of the box."   

But again, in my experience following reviews, etc. for years here, all cruise lines compensate with FCC for issues that does not cancel the cruise. 

If they "expected things to go well" the folks that run Regent were clueless. Many 0f their employees on the ship had little or no training.  The reasons might be legitimate. Most of them tied to Covid.

The first night 2 hour dining experience was this for us.  We arrived shortly at Compass Rose opened. We sat there for about 30 minutes before being served water. Another 15-30 minutes before being served wine. Another hour before being served any food. Then the courses came fairly soon.

It seemed that Regent was expecting everyone to show up at 8:30-9 for dinner with only a handful of people being served before 8.. What happened was people trickled in for 2+ hours and the restaurant went from mostly empty to mostly full.

It was not "relaxing and stylish". 

I enjoyed the quality of the food and most of the preparation.

On 4/27/2022 at 8:38 AM, TomBeckCruise said:

If they "expected things to go well" the folks that run Regent were clueless. Many 0f their employees on the ship had little or no training.  The reasons might be legitimate. Most of them tied to Covid.

The first night 2 hour dining experience was this for us.  We arrived shortly at Compass Rose opened. We sat there for about 30 minutes before being served water. Another 15-30 minutes before being served wine. Another hour before being served any food. Then the courses came fairly soon.

It seemed that Regent was expecting everyone to show up at 8:30-9 for dinner with only a handful of people being served before 8.. What happened was people trickled in for 2+ hours and the restaurant went from mostly empty to mostly full.

It was not "relaxing and stylish". 

I enjoyed the quality of the food and most of the preparation.

I'm not suggesting things went well, I'm saying that the accusation that they "took peoples money under false pretenses" is absurd.  

Edited by papaflamingo
  • Like 4